two ¤

"Clara Fletch," I heard a familiar voice call out my name. I slowly turned my head to see Bernard Frank, worst school bully in the whole of Patrick Elementary School. What do you expect other than a big overweight 11 year old guy who is shorter than average height wearing Jordan's Air sneakies... yea you heard me. Michael Jordan's Air Sneakers... he won them. I don't get people... what's so scary about this fatty?

"Bernard," I said, unpleased by what I'm looking at, "what now?"

"I challenge you to a man vs. woman wrestling battleground. Right here, right now." He chuckles, making his friends go 'oooouuuhhh'.

"Bring it!" I shouted. I charged at him and try punching his stomach... yeah it didn't do anything. What are you expected to do when an obese bully challenges you to a joust?

"Pfft you're weak," he shouts and takes me by the waist. He lifted me up and smashes me to the ground. Before my head hit the ground, I heard "CLARA NO!" I felt my head bang on the floor and darkness took over

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Niall where were you?"

"I was in the loo, Polly. Oh Clara I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay." I tried saying, but came out more like a mumble.

"Polly! Clark! She's awake!"

"Oh sweetie are you okay?" I heard my mom say and touch my head, which made my eyes open and me wincing in pain.

"Yea I'm okay..." I mumbled.

"Bernard is here." Niall bluntly said, "and I'm so sorry, Clara."

"Its fine, Niall," I smiled and laughed, "it's not your fault anyways. I shouldn't have accepted that jerk's fight in the first place."

"Honey, Bernard wants to come in," my dad says.

"Ugh no I don't want that jerk here." I say with my hand across my eyes, avoiding eye contact.

"I will be here don't worry," Niall smiles and takes my hand.

"Thanks, Nialler," I say and give him a short hug. Bernard comes in with his mother.

"Oh Larra I'm so sorry Bernard did this to you," his mom rushes in and starts smooching me all over my face, which made Niall make a disgusted face which made me laugh.

"It's okay, Bernard's mom," I say, "and it's Clara, not Larra."

"Oh I'm so terribly sorry. You can call me Kelly," she lets go and laughs, more like snort like a pig, "Bernard don't be so rude and say sorry to her."

Before saying sorry, he lets out a sigh and rolls his eyes. "Clara I'm so very sorry for doing such severe damage to you. How may I repay you?" He says, with an organized, rehearsed tone.

"Nothing, you can go now if you'd like," I say and smile to both of them. Kelly smiles, take Bernard's hand, and walks towards the door.

"She's a very humble girl why did you have to hurt her, Bernard? I am very disappointed in you, young man..." and the argument kept going until we couldn't hear them anymore.

"I think he secretly likes you," Niall laughs and sat on the chair next to my bed.

"Who, Bernard? Ew... no. We hated each other ever since I accidentally spilt glitter glue all over his pants."

"Yeah... 'accidentally'" Niall laughed and emphasized "accidentally".

"It really was by accident!" I said and slapped him on the shoulder. It was fun having Niall by my side. Nothing gets better than days with Niall.

-----

© PaynesTea Works