eight ¤

-(a.n.)- Enjoy, my sugar cubes! Want a story of your own from me, stay tuned for a message at the end!*

Clara's Point of View

"And... there!" I smile as I finished arranging all of the Christmas cupcakes up in a beautiful stack. Niall finished arranging the tables and supplies for all of the kids to use. We are finally holding the official "Work for Change Christmas Workshop" that we planned about in the café after grad.

"This place actually looks attractive," Niall pant and crossed his arms, "I'm proud I actually cleaned up an area!"

"Yeah me too. Next stop: your bedroom, mister," I point and raise my eyebrows, "it literally smells like a skunk nest. I'll give you a reward."

"Deal, mom," he laughs, which makes me laugh. I wiped my hands on my apron and backed up to look at the whole place, Niall joining me. We looked at each other and had our hands around each other (AS FRIENDS).

"We did a pretty good job right here, Horan," I nod and offered him to high five me, which he gladly did, "team Narla!"

"For Narla!" Niall shouts, imitating 'For Narnia'.

"Well you should go back home and dress up, Niall," I say and playfully slap his shoulders, "It's rude to dress like a tool man."

"HEY MY UNCLE IS A TOOL MAN," he shouts and scrunches his eyebrows together.

"I'm so sorry," I covered my mouth and widen my eyes, which made him burst out laughing. I looked at him confused.

"I was — just kid-ding, Clars!" He said in between laughs, which made me pout and cross my arms.

"Bro that's not funny," I pout and pushed him, which made Niall fall.

"Ow," he laughed and pulled me to the floor as well, "karma is beautiful, you little shit."

"Ew you stink," I spat and got off his chest, "go change, Mr. Skunk!" Niall ran to his house and waved at me. I waved back and checked my watch. 9:30 in the morning. We woke up pretty early, like around... seven or so? I don't know. I closed my garage doors, covered the food so that it won't get dirty or whatever, and ran up to my room to get ready.

I decided on wearing an oversized ugly Christmas sweater and black skinny jeans. I tied my hair in a messy bun, brushed my teeth, and ran downstairs. I hardly wear make-up so... I don't bother.

"Are you helping us today, Mom?" I smile and hug her from the back, my chin on her head. My mom said she "shrunk" these past few years, which you know is false.

"Only until two, honey," she replies, "but I'm happy that you and Niall are actually doing this!"

"Mom, come on," I chuckle and shake my head, "it's not like we bought an apartment and moved in together." When I finished that sentence, Mom stopped washing the dishes, and Dad put his newspaper down, a confused look on their faces... with a little bit of shock.

"That came out wrong." I awkwardly say, which made my dad laugh.

"I know you will eventually move in with him, honey," Dad smirks and wiggles his eyebrows. I gave him a look of disgust, which earned laughs from both my mom and dad. What made him think that? My parents may be cool, yet SO EMBARESSING.

The event starts in an hour, so I decided on starting to arrange the "concierge desk" for the event. Let me explain about the event first.

This even me and Niall created called 'Work for Change Workshop' is an event where people drop their kids off if they so desire (or if they want to join as well, they're welcome to) and drop their changes in the back pockets of the seats that me and Niall put. The change we raise will go to Comic Relief, a British charity which my dad and Niall's dad is working with. This is a win-win situation for us, because the money we earn will go to Comic Relief, which earns me and Niall a special surprise from our dads (they agreed so). This workshop basically consists of crafts and fun for kids, and socializing and helping kids for the grown-ups! The drinks we set on the table costs 50 cents per piece, and food costs 75 cents per piece. I set the sign-up sheet on the table, and a tray of minced pies on the table. Satisfied with the station, I took out my camera (not phone) and snapped pictures of a little bit of everything.