five ^^

(^^ = Present time)

Clara's Point of View

"Okay you be safe honey okay? Call me everyday before and after you fly! I can't believe it... my baby is growing up travelling the world."

"Technically not, Mom. I'm a flight attendant... not some kind of journalist or traveller who pursues their life to visit the Seven Wonders of the World." I laugh on the phone with my mom. I'm beginning my first job in a week from now. I just finished my training two weeks ago and I'm ready to move to the real thing!

"But I am still very proud of you, hun. — oh your dad is wanting to talk to you now." Mom squeaks and hands the phone to Dad.

"Hi, Daddy!" I smile through the phone. It's been ages since I talked with my dad.

"Hello, baby girl," he chuckles and coughs, "I'm so very proud you got the job. I know it wasn't what you wanted—"

"It's o-okay, Dad," I weakly say. Being a flight attendant wasn't the job that I intended of getting when I'm already this age.

"—and you've been going through hard times with... you know, Niall." He croaks through the phone, making me sigh and start getting nervous. He hardly brings up Niall now.

"Y-yeah," I say, tears forming up in my eyes. I zoned out for a few seconds, until I sniffed and wiped my tears away, "but he moved on, Dad; and so did I."

"Staying in London... was it hard for you?"

"It started out harsh, to be honest," I say and slouched on my couch, "but it's my dream to live here... and here I am. Thoughts about Niall didn't appear in my head. I was focused on my target, and I got it."

"That's my girl," my dad says and heard him sniff. Was he... crying?

"Dad, are you crying?" I asked and gasp. He never cries. Not frequently, of course not. My dad's a strong man. I hardly see him cry.

"N-nah nah, honey," he sniffs and chuckles, "it's been... four years since we saw you face to face; you are taking things to a whole new, and amazing level. Words cannot express how proud I am of you."

"Okay, Dad," I sniff and wipe my eyes, "I love you more than ever..."

"... and we will always be together. We love you, Clara." I can see him smile. We say this all the time before we part. I heard the phone crackle, and the line went off. I looked at my phone. One hour and 37 minutes of talking to my mom and dad! That's a record.

I went to my room, took a quick shower, and threw an oversized sweater and my fluffy sock-slippers on. I decided to cut my boring hours with a little bit of watching the news and eating some of my 'midnight oatmeal' which consists of chocolate oatmeal, banana, strawberries, and almonds. I turned on the TV, put it on the local news channel, and started on making my oatmeal. As the oatmeal was heating in the pan, I poured a glass of milk in a cup and started drinking. When the oatmeal was done, I poured it into my favourite bowl, and went over to the TV. Just as the commercials finished, the song "Steal My Girl" blasted through my TV.

"What the—"

"May have heard the famous tune? 'Steal My Girl' by the sensation boy band One Direction is still number one on the top 5 of UK's top hits."

"Really, TV." I say and shoved a spoonful of oatmeal in my mouth.

"But this isn't only the exciting news, girls," the news reported says while I down my glass of milk, "you may be lucky to spot one of these boys wandering your streets because rumour has it, One Direction is taking a short break this week in London... so keep your eyes peeled for the boys!" Finishing that sentence, I spat my milk all over my coffee table and couch.