1. The Meeting

Ichirou woke up, his eyes fluttering open. The sunlight that peaked through the curtains drifted across his body, spilling onto the mahogany flooring. He sat up slowly, his chest-length pink hair flowing down his shoulders and back. He looked downwards at his blush-colored comforter and gripped it tightly. His pale, bony hands trembled somewhat, revealing the inner turmoil that he was trying to keep in check.

Today was a big day for Ichirou. At merely the age of twenty-two years old, he was going to be sold off to be married.

All right, maybe that was a bit excessive and dramatic. Rather, a better explanation would be that his parents were throwing a ball where he was the princess and all of the suitors were coming to try to win his hand in... dating? Marriage? He wasn't really sure, and he wasn't exactly thrilled to find out. He was certain that each of the alphas would try to flaunt their huge amounts of wealth and power in order to try to woo him. Just the thought of someone attempting that disgusted Ichirou.

Ichirou, you see, was the lucky son of two alphas, who had managed to produce a cute little omega boy. Being born into an affluent, rich alpha family certainly had its perks, but this was not one of them. Now that he had finished his time at his cosmetology school, they fully expected him to settle down, get married, and pop out a couple of grandchildren. This was something Ichirou wanted, just not quite yet. He was barely old enough to drink, for god's sake!

The pink-haired young man finally tossed his blankets off and hopped down from his bed. He pulled his pajama shirt off, stepped out of his pants, and pulled down his underwear. He stepped over to his walk-in closet, opened the door, and stepped inside. He quickly grabbed a pair of underwear and put them on. He was the sort of person who got embarrassed if he was naked, even in his own bedroom.

Ichirou thumbed through his outfits. He wasn't afraid of embracing his masculinity or his femininity, so there was anything in there from carefully tailored suits to adorable suspender skirts. However, today, he decided on a pair of pastel yellow shorts and a lavender, oversized t-shirt with a graphic of a cute anime girl on it. He would certainly be changing into a suit later, so he really didn't see any use of trying too hard today. By mid-afternoon, he would be getting a manicure, makeup, and having his outfits double-checked.

Taking a speedy turn out of the closet, he went over to his vanity. He sat down and carefully checked his skin for any emergent acne that he would have to take care of. He didn't really need makeup, as he was a dominant omega. Beauty came naturally to him, with long eyelashes, wide, pink eyes, a slim, soft figure, long, shining hair, and pale skin that was unblemished. His pouty lips smiled slightly as he saw that he had no pimples to speak of. He then grabbed one of his many hair elastics from one of the drawers of the vanity, as well as a comb. He quickly brushed it out, then tied it up high on the back of his head.

Finally pleased enough with how he looked, Ichirou grabbed his phone from his nightstand and walked out of his room with a purpose. That purpose was simple: food. He plodded down the stairs, going from the third floor of this stupidly large mansion down to the second floor. Much to his chagrin, as he hit the second floor, he could hear the sounds of people shuffling about through the mansion, likely setting up for tonight's event in the ballroom.

Ichirou shuffled through the several hallways and rooms until he finally found the dining room, where he saw his younger sister, Ichika, sitting at the island. He felt a bite of envy course through him, which he quickly pushed down. She was still in college and was an alpha. In comparison to him, she actually probably had a lot fewer options since she was studying business to become the heir to the family fortune and business, but at the very least she wasn't being "heavily encouraged" to start dating for marriage.