32. Hawaii

"This is our room!" Ichirou exclaimed as they came to a stop in front of a door.

Ichirou unlocked the hotel door with a keycard, pulling the door open with a tug. Masahiro grabbed the door, holding it open for the smaller man who dashed in, dragging the two smaller roller bags in with him and kicking off his shoes. Masahiro trailed after, listening with great amusement to the excited noises that Ichirou was letting out.

The living room had an open concept, with most of the colors being deep browns or warm grays. However, pops of blue and yellow kept it from looking drab. There was a writing desk, a large television, a couple of small loveseats, a gray couch with colorful pillows, a table with a booth, and a pantry area with some granite counters. Around the "kitchen" area, there was a mini fridge, a coffee maker, a microwave, and a kettle. However, the best area was definitely the glass doors that led to the balcony. You could see over the majority of the resort, as well as the ocean, which was crystal blue.

Ichirou ran into the bedroom and dropped off their two bags with an excited noise. He ran over to the balcony door that was in their bedroom, threw it open eagerly, and stepped onto the balcony. He leaned over the edge, taking in the moment. It was just after four pm in Hawaii, and it was just a hair over twenty-five degrees celsius. The weather was perfect, the ocean scent was perfect, and Masahiro was here. Ichirou was simply overjoyed.

Masahiro walked onto the balcony from behind him, leaning up against the fence with his arm pressed up against Ichirou's. "We made it. Are you tired? That was a ten-hour flight, and then we chilled at the airport for two hours while we waited for check-in time, and then you spoke a whole bunch of English that I could barely understand... I kind of need a nap, and I wouldn't be shocked if you needed one too.."

"Hmm, yeah, maybe," Ichirou hummed.

He was honestly not feeling that sleepy up until Masahiro mentioned it. Now that sleep had been mentioned, Ichirou felt exhausted. Japan was nineteen hours ahead, and they had been up since, in Japan time, the day before since they had to be at the airport at midnight. Masahiro had been able to sleep a little bit on the plane, but Ichirou was much too excited to be getting out of the country.

"By the way, is there another bed?" Masahiro asked.

Ichirou froze. There were two answers to this question: the correct answer, and the one he wanted to give. Technically the sofa pulled out into another bed, but Ichirou didn't want Masahiro to use that bed. He wanted Masahiro and him to share a bed. Cuddling as they slept might be too much, but surely sleeping in the same bed wouldn't be a problem, would it?

"Um, there is one inside the sofa, but it's kind of a pain to get out all the time, don't you think? Wouldn't it just be easier if we shared a bed?" Ichirou asked, attempting his best to be casual.

"Huh? I mean, uh, are you sure? I don't wanna make you uncomfortable," Masahiro said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his head.

"You're not gonna make me uncomfortable! I'm the one who offered!" Ichirou exclaimed.

Masahiro was quiet for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, okay. I don't mind sharing with you."

Ichirou let out a sigh of relief, a pleased smile rising to his face. He was going to get everything he wanted this vacation, it seemed. He looked over to Masahiro, only to find Masahiro looking at him. He felt his cheeks pinken, and he smiled shyly. Masahiro gave a warm smile back, his eyes crinkling in the way that Ichirou found so endearing.

Ichirou finally broke the moment, turning on his heel. "Let's go take a nap!"

Masahiro laughed and followed after, closing the door to the balcony behind him. Ichirou jumped onto the bed, on the closest side to the balcony. He pulled down the sheets and dove under them. Masahiro climbed in after him. Ichirou rolled over to face Masahiro as he set an alarm for a couple of hours from then. Masahiro then laid down and turned on his side so he was facing Ichirou as well.