39. A Celebratory Dinner

Ichirou arrived at the Korean barbeque restaurant, carefully adjusting his shoulder bag as he stepped out of the car. Masahiro was inside, but it wasn't just Masahiro; Yuuhei, Takeru, Masahiro's uncle, and Masahiro's uncle's boyfriend were in there. Ichirou really wouldn't have minded if it was just him, Yuuhei, and Takeru, but the added pressure of Masahiro's uncle and Masahiro's uncle's boyfriend was eating him up inside. Although he was fairly certain that Masahiro's uncle actually liked him, he didn't know about this boyfriend. He was desperate to make a good impression.

When Masahiro had texted him about this celebratory dinner for him finishing out finals, Ichirou had practically pounced at the opportunity. He had just spent a week and a half without Masahiro, and his hickey had disappeared over the past couple of days. He wanted another. This was all before he realized that he would be meeting with Goro and Ryuto, which had significantly brought him crashing down into reality.

Ichirou finally walked into the restaurant, his pink hair flowing behind him. The restaurant was filled with the scent of cooking meat, with almost all of the seats in the building being filled. There were several tables and a bar that all had grills on top of them. Ichirou, a little overwhelmed, looked around for a moment before he realized that everyone was in a private room.

Ichirou walked over to one of the waiters and mentioned this, and the waiter took him back into a private room. There was a table full of men, with Ichirou being the last one there. A single seat was saved next to Masahiro, so he quickly darted over, grabbing onto Masahiro's sleeve.

"Hi, Masahiro," Ichirou said, smiling warmly at Masahiro.

"Hey, cutie," Masahiro said, grinning at his not-boyfriend. "Glad you could make it."

"Sorry I was late, I had to make sure I looked okay," Ichirou murmured.

"You're always gorgeous," Masahiro murmured.

Before Ichirou could respond to that flirty sentiment, Goro, Masahiro's uncle, spoke. "Hello again, Kimura-san. You're looking well."

Ichirou gave a small bow to the silver-haired man, his face slightly pink. "Th- thank you! Um, and hello!"

Ichirou was sitting between Masahiro and Yuuhei, while Takeru was across the table from Yuuhei, Goro was across the table from Ichirou, and a man that Ichirou could only suppose was Ryuto was across from Masahiro. Ryuto had light auburn hair, piercing green eyes, and some stubble that added to his more rugged charm. Ichirou was honestly surprised by how handsome he was; he was the sort of man who could probably get with anyone, but he chose a man that was about fifteen years his senior. Ichirou could only suppose that it was true love.

"Nice to meet ya, kid," Ryuto said, giving him a quick bow of the head. "Masahiro never shuts up about you."

Ichirou turned red and Masahiro laughed nervously. "C'mon, Ryuto, do- don't tell him that."

"Why not? The boy's obsessed with you. I've never seen him happier," Ryuto said.

Takeru leaned over, swallowing a leaf from his salad. "That's what I've been saying! They're soulmates, right?"

"That's what Takeru and I think, anyway," Yuuhei said, a wicked grin on his face.

"I tend to think so," Goro said, a light smile on his face.

Ichirou covered his face, letting out a shy squeak. Having them all pile onto him like that was incredibly embarrassing, but it also made him kind of happy. They all confirmed what Ichirou felt in his heart; that he and Masahiro were soulmates. Not only that, but Masahiro did not deny that he constantly talked about Ichirou. His certainty was growing bit by bit that Masahiro did possibly have feelings for him.