Chapter 25

"Get in!" shouted Alyssa.

Astryn and Eloria lugged the heavy bag of scientific things that Eloria had wanted to pack. They threw it in Victory, and gestured to Alyssa to fly. 

Vaelor, Lady Jade, and Lady Kathryn were staying back at Mins, to focus on fixing the Clandestine. Alyssa, Gryff, Astryn, Eloria, Lady Lara, and a ton of soldiers now marched towards Qis.

Alyssa kept the plane at a slow pace, to be with the soldiers marching below. She had brought a pile of stones for Lady Lara, who now used them to see what Trisley was doing.

"Lord Myre and the others from the desert have already reached," said Lady Lara. "I can see their banners across a muddy field at Qis."

"Well, we have to wait for others to reach," said Alyssa. "What about the people from Lovelake's lands?"

Lady Lara withdrew her hand, and touched the surface of the stones again. Alyssa saw an extensive army marching, slowly but surely, in the direction of Qis.

"And Blizzard?" said Astryn. "Lord Rhaevon ought to have started by now, his lands are the farthest from Qis."

"I have already seen where Lord Rhaevon is," said Lady Lara. "He is already past Dune."

"Good," said Alyssa. "If we keep this pace, we should reach Qis by the time Father arrives, right?"

"Yes, we should," said Eloria. 

"Maybe," contradicted Gryff. "If the others lose their pace, then we would reach before the others arrived."

"Even Trisley's not that dishonorable to attack us while we're still gathering, right?" said Astryn.

"She might," said Lady Lara.

"In that case, we need to wait for them to reach first," said Alyssa. "We'll wait at the very outskirts of Qis, and if Trisley actually attacks, we'll defend our people."

"I agree," said Gryff. "We can hover above at Mistran, while the others reach. Nobody can attack our plane from the sky, and unless we run out of fuel too early, we're good."

"We won't run out of fuel," said Eloria. "I brought like seven or more fuel tanks, which can hold this ship for twenty-four hours straight."

"A whole day?" asked Astryn.

"That's what I love about this ship, it doesn't run out of fuel," said Eloria.

"Good, now we have zero chances of our plan failing," said Alyssa.

"Don't be so sure," said Lady Lara. "Trisley still has many tricks up her sleeve."

"We will defeat anything she pulls out of that rain-sodden castle," said Astryn.

A few hours later, they were crossing Rainly. "After this, only Pinas, and then Liq," said Eloria. "Then we'll be at Qis."

"Blizzard has picked up the pace," said Lady Lara. "I see them at Liq, ready to descend upon Qis."

"Our army is below us," said Alyssa. "Let them reach first. If they engage in battle, then we have to hurry."

"Lord Myre and the others from the desert have been joined by the Lovelake territories," said Lady Lara. 

"So Blizzard left?" asked Astryn.

"Yes, I think," said Gryff. "Unless we have some off-continent supporters ready to fly in on wings and win the battle and swoop away again, Blizzard is the only one left."

"That's unlikely," laughed Astryn.

"We're in Pinas," announced Alyssa.

"I can move us from here to Liq, or Qis, directly, since this area is under Lym." said Lady Lara. 

"Do it," said Alyssa, stepping away from the pilot's wheel and setting the plane on autopilot. 

"Are you sure?" said Lady Lara. "We could reach before Blizzard reaches."

"Yes, I'm sure," said Alyssa. 

Lady Lara came to the pilot's wheel. She touched the steering lever gently, and then closed her eyes. The speed slowly increased until the air was a blur around them. 

"I'm getting flashbacks I'd rather not get," said Astryn.

"Don't worry," said Lady Lara. "We'll reach Qis in about an hour."

"Blizzard's forces should reach by then," said Eloria. "If they were at Liq, then they should take like thirty minutes to march to Qis, or even lesser, depending on their speed."

"Good," said Alyssa. "We have to engage battle as soon as we land, then."

"Guys?" said Gryff. "We just left the army of Mins and the sorcerers behind."

"Oh, yes, we did," said Eloria.

"Let them come," said Alyssa. "They might make a surprise attack when we are already fighting."

"Why do I feel like you improvised?" said Astryn.

"Because I did," replied Alyssa.

After a while, the air around them turned back to normal. And below them, a battle raged.