Chapter 3

When Carlisle told me that I couldn't go back to my family because of the change they didn't want our secret to get out I was devastated that he would never get my letter. We were all packed up to leave and ready to head to Rochester New York when I saw Carlisle at his car quickly putting stuff away so we could leave. "Hey Carlisle?" I said speeding over to him.
"Hey Anna, everything alright?" He asked like a concerned father. "Yes, I am uh would I be able to drop by my old house before we leave forever?" I asked him he looked at me concerned "You know you can't go back once you're in this life, right?" He said "I know it's just I need to see how they are I need to also give my brother a letter" I said his face showed he didn't approve.

"I'm not going to give it to him personally I'm just going to put it in something I know he would look is all make it seem like I left it before I went to the hospital" I said trying to convince him he still being unsure Esme came over with 3 boxes putting them in the car before looking at her husband "Carlisle everything will be okay just let her go so she can say goodbye and move on" she said a few convincing word but moments later and a I'll show you a good time if you let her go. 

Finally convinced "alright you can, just please be careful" he said sternly I cheered happy before giving them both a hug and getting to my car which was a 1920 Jeep Willy going over the speed limit since I'm already dead and no worries. I was cursing along when I made it to my home of 17 years I parked it in the trees before making my way to the house I looked around and listen to movement but heard nothing dad and Em should be hunting and mom is probably out because I didn't hear anything around so I sped to the window of my brothers old room and looked around it was a complete mess there was a bunch of holes in the walls everything was everywhere like a tornado came through knowing I couldn't stay long I saw a book on his bed by his pillow it was the great Gatsby my favorite book to read I picked it up and opened it quickly reading the couple of pages before coming apart one sentence in the book "So we drove on toward death through the cooling twilight" it was my favorite part in the book and that's where I saw it was underlines you could see someone kept underlining it because it started to look muggy I knew my brother would read that quote to remember me.

I heard a car pulling up, so I put the letter in the book randomly making it look like it was always there before speeding out the window and shutting it before disappearing into the woods and back to my car I looked back before silently saying goodbye and drove away back to the Cullen house and saw everyone about done I pulled up and saw Carlisle and Esme there I sped to them. Hugging them both tightly and them hugging me back.

That part of my life is over and now it is the start of my new one I sped and in 5 mins everything was in the car me and Edward shared my car for the ride there I entered the passenger seat and sat looking at the window thinking about my life but also about my new one and my new family. I felt someone place their hand on mine I looked over and saw it was Edward I smiled at him, and we were off to Rochester New York where I didn't think another added family member would be or where my best friend would be.