chapter twenty-one

THE GROUP OF FOUR WENT to the police station in search of their rightfully owned equipment

THE GROUP OF FOUR WENT to the police station in search of their rightfully owned equipment. They needed it to get the plan started, and they needed to start it fast. Athena ran in first and picked up the phone, listening to it ring and ring and ring. Nothing.

"We'll go look for the weapons!" Podcast shouted before grabbing Phoebe's hand and racing out of sight. Athena placed the phone down, stunned, before Trevor walked past her.

"Come on, help me find my car," he smiled, motioning for her to follow him. She does, rounding the counter with a grin and a skip in her step as they walked away from the front entrance.

"It should be through there," Athena pointed with raised brows, Trevor leading the way in the direction of her stuck-up finger. The pair walked down the hall and through one of the few doors, only to come across the station garage.

"Oh, thank god. There she is, in all her glory," Trevor shouted with relief whilst he ran up to the car, leaning over the bonnet to press his lips against it.

"Why don't you marry it, while you're at it?" Athena asked as she cringed with disgust, which caused him to turn around with a frown.

"It's her, Athena. It's a her," he retorted smartly as he leant back against the car, his spine pressing against the rusty metal as he crossed his arms.

"Sorry, my apologies. Why don't you marry her?" The girl hummed whilst she made her way towards the vehicle.

"Because I don't want to," he shrugged with ease, the other teen rolling her eyes as she rounded the car to examine it for anything the police might have done. Meanwhile, she didn't notice the pair of eyes locked on her. "Athena?" Trevor called out, staring at her thoughtless expression from the other side of the vehicle.

"Yeah," she replied, slightly distracted, not sparing him a glance as she rounded the car back to his side. It was only when she reached him and finally looked up that he spoke.

"Thank you . . . for everything. You know, in case this goes sideways," he sighed, the girl beside him immediately furrowing her brows.

"Woah, woah, woah. Nothing's going to go sideways, everything's going to be fine. And what are you thanking me for?" She questioned as she stepped infront of him, his back still pressed against the driver's door of the car.

"I don't know, for everything. Like, you're the first person I talked to here, and you've stayed with me throughout this whole - whatever it is. Most people would have ran out," he shrugged sadly, but he wasn't sad. He was happy - thankful and appreciative - that someone like Athena had walked into his life at the exact moment he needed her. He just hoped she was there to stay.

"Trevor, I would never run out. I like hanging around you," she said sweetly with a smile. He grinned before pulling her into a familiar hug, the girl sighing into it. Little did she know, his mind was running laps. With his chin on her head, he mentally prepared himself for rejection.