magic

As children, we were taught to enjoy days like no other for we will not be young anymore when we age. And at that time, life was only revolving around toys, playmates, dolls, games and so many others that little kids loved. It was magnificent, right? When you were a kid, you only worried about not being able to play outside when you didn't sleep in the afternoon and your mom scolded you for it. But at the end of the day, your mom would still kiss you before you sleep and even read books to you about fairytales and happily ever after.

You believed in such thing, didn't you? You believed that life was supposed to be fun, filled with magic and unstoppable fairytales. And it is when you reach the age of 14 or 15 that you get to realize that your life isn't a fairytale and it doesn't involve prince charming, glass slippers or even a fairy god mother.

But at the end of the day, we yearn that the things we expected when we were little, would take place as we grow older. We yearn for happy endings just like how every storybook ends in a fairytale story. We yearn to be like Cinderella who could just be saved by her fairy god mother so she can be a princess, but only until the clock strikes at midnight. It'll be temporary. Moreover, we desperately yearn to escape reality and emerge into the world of Harry Potter, where magic lies ahead of us. But that would be so impossible, right? Living in a world where magic exists is too impossible.

However, I believe that magic exists and that there's nothing wrong about dreaming of magic in this world we live in. There's magic within the beauty of nature. There's magic within the dark. There's magic within the people who have been lost and found. There's magic in everywhere, anywhere we go. There's magic that suffices the darkest of the night. There's magic within people who try to stand up, no matter how many times they've fallen down. There's magic within the silent cries of those who struggle to survive this earthly life. There's magic in others. But most especially, there is so much magic in you.

You just have to see it for yourself. What's wrong with dreaming such thing as oblivious as magic? What's wrong with seeing the glow in others, even if some people would tell you to stop dreaming, stop hoping, stop living, stop loving? Whatever they tell you, there is still magic. You are magic and nothing will ever stop you from doing magical things that are way beyond the fantasies of people.

 You are magic and nothing will ever stop you from doing magical things that are way beyond the fantasies of people