Luna and Sol 1

Luna and Sol

Luna and Sol used to be strangers. Luna, the girl who lived with magic, became friends with Sol. Sol, the boy who ran away from the world, saw something magical in Luna. That's how they got to be friends. Each of them saw magic in each other's eyes. Magic drove their friendship to happen. "I wish we could always be friends," Luna said to Sol while they were staring at the night sky, filled with elegance. "I wish we could be more than friends," Sol thought to himself. But it would ruin the friendship, right? So he just kept it to himself. "Yeah, I hope so too," he replied to Luna. She noticed that his stare was filled with deep thought. He doesn't know that Luna wishes to have him forever, even if they're just friends.

Suddenly, Luna asked him a pondering question. "Have you ever been in love before?" It caught Sol off guard. His heart started pounding. Luna has no idea how much Sol admires her. He'd burn for her. It took him a minute to figure out his answer to Luna's question. "I don't think so. How about you?"

"I think I did, but I felt like it wouldn't even matter to him." Luna's voice felt shaky. It felt like she was going to cry in front of Sol, but she just shrugged it off. Meanwhile, Sol was very interested in knowing more about Luna's thoughts about love. He doesn't know who Luna is in love with.

"Why?"

"Because I know that he probably doesn't feel anything for me."

"That sucks, " Sol frowned.

"Never mind, Sol. Someday, I wish that someone would treat me well. I wouldn't even think of this nonsense," Luna grabbed her camera and took a photo of the sky.

Stars glimmered from a far. "It is said that stars were created because of the Sun's jealousy towards the Ocean and The Moon. Have you ever heard of it, Luna?"

"Nope. What's it about?"

"Okay, allow me to retell to you the story why stars exist. A long time ago, the sun and moon were great friends. At that time, there was still no night because they were always together. Children didn't sleep or have any idea about rest because all they did was enjoy the heat of the sun and played outdoors. One day, they took a glimpse of the Ocean. She was the most beautiful thing they've ever laid their eyes on. The Ocean enjoyed the warmth of the Sun and the decorated face of the Moon. However, she loved the Moon more than the Sun. And this made the Sun angry. That was when Sun did something terrible while the Ocean was asleep. He lifted the Moon and threw him against the wall of the sky. Instead of breaking, the Moon created millions of spark which couldn't go out. He called them "stars." The Stars knew what the Sun did to the Moon and they formed an army against him. The Ocean asked where the little stars would go. The stars replied that they would destroy the Sun. The Moon heard of this. She didn't want the Sun and the Stars to be destroyed. She loved them both. Instead, she gave them a challenge. The Sun would visit her during the day and the Moon at night. This idea brought back their friendship. From that day on, people saw Sun in the day and Moon at night," He smiled afterwards.

"Wow, I love it. It's so beautiful," She said in amazement.

"I thought so too, but I felt a bit sad."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted the Moon and Sun to end up together without having to share their time to the Ocean or Stars or anyone."

"I feel like even if you think it's sad, I still think that the story is beautifully written. It gives us this notion to understand that in life, there'd always be certain limitations. No matter how much we want to be together, we can't force ourselves to always be together or if we will end up for each other. I guess that's okay because love will always find its way to those who are patient, those who are willing to dive deeper and realize that love is everywhere. It doesn't always have to be reciprocated, don't you think?"

To be continued.

"Story of Stars" - https://www

"Story of Stars" - https://www.shortkidstories.com/story/where-stars-came-from/