hard to believe

EVA'S POV

I have been trying to get her image out of my head for months.

But her eyes.

Those eyes.

They are hard to forget.
Fuck how beautiful she is.

"Hey babe..babe?"

I turn away not realizing that I've become entranced. Let's face it, anyone would get lost in her gaze.
"Yes, tell me."

"I'm going to get something to drink, do you want anything?" Ag asks as she brushes my back with her hand.

"Um, yeah sure."
Ag gives me a kiss and then pulls away.

I feel everyone's eyes on me.
Many people didn't take it well that I've been dating girls.
I merely posted a story with a rainbow flag to try to generalize it. Yes, many people have asked questions, and honestly I don't care.

"Don't you wish the birthday boy a happy birthday?"

"What, EDDIE!" The boy pops up behind me so I give him a big hug. "Happy birthday dummy!"

"Heyy can you not make fun of me on my birthday too?" he pretends to be offended.

"Nah I'm having too much fun, dummy," I stick my tongue out at him and then hug him again.

"I'm so glad you're here. I understand that you and Anna are not on good terms but-"

"What? What are you saying? Anna and I are on very good terms." I try to dissuade him from this idea of his.

"Oh yeah? Because you've been throwing certain looks at each other since you've been here, and I haven't seen you utter a word yet. And then from that Connor thing-" he seemed rather sorry for me. But I don't want to look like a hurt puppy.

"Take it easy. It's nothing."

"But are you sure you're okay?" Eddie strokes my arm.

This question destabilizes me.
Indeed, almost no one knows what really happened that night. People only know that Anna and I were walking through the woods and Connor saw us and wanted to take advantage of us. Or at least that's what we led them to believe.

No one but Eddie asked me if I was okay at this time. Too many emotions to describe.

"Yes quiet," I pat him on the back, "Anyway why don't we go to the others?"

"I don't know for sure which 'others' you're referring to but..." Eddie hasn't even finished his sentence that I hear Emma's voice behind me.

"Hey Eddie, happy birthday!" Emma hugs him and out from behind her pops the girl who is haunting my thoughts.

We continue to stare at each other until the two pull away from the hug.
I feel Emma's eyes move first to me and then to Anna.
Emma elbows Anna causing her to look away from me.

"Ouch! Eddie happy birthday dude!" Anna greets him with a handshake and Eddie reciprocates with a smile.
As soon as the greetings are made Anna keeps looking at me and Emma notices.

"Oookey Eddie, how about get me a drink? I'm dying of thirst" I have to admit that Emma is very clever.
Not even getting a response from Eddie, who takes him by the arm and leads him to the front of the cocktail counter.

"Hey," I try to speak to her but she huffs and walks away, but I chase after her.
"Anna...Anna!" As soon as I reach her I pull her arm and force her to turn toward me.

We find ourselves in a fairly dark and isolated hallway. This house is so big that it seems to have no end.

"What do you want," she replies, removing her arm from my grasp.