Who Am I? - Part 19

What? Out of everything, why that? He's really wanting to get into the nitty gritty immediately, huh?

"Why? I thought you wanted to know about me." I pouted.

"Come on, Y/N! I just want to know how you grew up and how life was for you before you made it to Encanto."

  I told Camilo. I told him everything.

We sat in that spot barely off the bank with stray droplets from the river slightly misting our sides. He listened intently and rubbed my arm when I choked up.

The simplicity of childhood is something I miss.

Luckily, throughout everything Pa took me in and has always cared for me.  I couldn't be more grateful for that because I have no idea what would've happened without him. Though, sometimes I feel like he's just stuck with me. He didn't really have much of a choice taking me in and he's spent his time trying his hardest to make things easiest for me. But what about him? What about how hard things are on him? With that thought, I'm tired of thinking about this.

"I'm done talking about it for today, it's cold so it's most likely dark too. Let's get you back to Casita, Madrigal."

"Mhm, maybe I could help guide you back this time?"

"If you want to hold my hand you can just ask~" I teased.

"Then can I hold your hand, mi amor?"

"Of course you can." 

  I smiled brightly, interlocking my hand with his.  All the sudden I feel ecstatic once again, when I'm with Camilo I'm glowing.

-------
263 words