A Siren's Night(?)

Gotta love chapter callbacks. To those who remember what other chapter was named this, it won't be similar.
—————

"So I was unconscious this entire time?"

"Unfortunately so, but by what you're telling me...you were at the Ironblood base."

Infiltrator and Observer Alpha were standing across from one another, simply discussing things that they experienced during the near eight hours she was apparently comatose. Alpha set everything for Infiltrator to be safe, then slept for about an hour, THEN came and checked on her and Purifier before she ultimately woke up.

"That's...quite a lot."

"Mmhmm..." She has darker circles under her eyes, and Infiltrator actually felt a bit bad that she had to deal with that stressful situation.

She had already recounted the entire tale of what she did, and that included the mental conflict she was having. Alpha seemed to have already known about it, but she never gave her own words for it, something Infiltrator was happy about.

"Well...Alpha, I truly want to ask what you thin-"

"Listen Infiltrator, I'm not going to tell you what to think, and I'm definitely not going to tell you off for this. I know you're conflicted on what you want to choose, and I'll be honest with you: I have no say in which aspect you choose, be it us or them."

"I know...it's just what I have on the table, and if I choose one side, the other's lost forever..." If she could be any paler than a Siren could, she would have been. Her hair would also be whiter, if it already wasn't at the palest it could have been.

Being a Siren really does wonders at hiding stress.

Alpha sighed and took a sip from her mug, which was suspended by a tentacle. "I really can't think this over for you. You're a dear friend to me Infiltrator, hell, I practically helped create you, and as any self respecting engineer would, I want my creation to function well and hard."

"...That doesn't really help in this case."

"Not in that context." She took another sip, and another tentacle brought over a data pad for her to look through. "For this case? I just want you to be happy, to be content, that's what I want."

"Even if it involves abandoning what I was born for?"

Alpha smiled. "You were born for a purpose, doesn't mean you can't mold a new one."

...

"Besides..." Alpha trailed off, as she pointed at the thing resting on Infiltrator's back. "You'll have to especially take it up with that one, she'll be pretty messed up otherwise."

Of course, she was referring to the girl that was koala'd on her back, ignoring the entire situation as she simply dug in her mind and gave thanks to the Creator that Infiltrator was alive and well. Purifier was in no condition to force her to choose, but she would surely get quite emotional.

"I'll...talk to her about it."

"Good, then I'll return to work. I still have to sift through the info you got during your little trip...also, my condolences about being manhandled by that Battleship."

"Please don't remind me..."
—————

Infiltrator was staring up at her ceiling, a red glow on her cheeks as she held her hands up and near the headboard while she rested on her bed. She refused to move her hands downwards and touch what was on her torso.

That thing being Purifier, who was cuddled up to her and snuggled closely.

...

Shall we get some context?
——