Chapter 2 page 20

One thing I love about Nikki is how serious and smart he can be, from time to time. Seeing him drive so focused and sexy makes me want to jump his balls again...but I keep my cool.

"What are you thinking?" His voice breaks the silence in the car.

"Nothinggg" I say mockingly.

"hm, Sophie?" Nikki turns to me.

"Yeah?"

"If we arrive could you maybe keep the wedding secret for now?" After those words fell I feel my hoops I had for Nikki and me to work, fall in a million pieces again.

"Ok" I turn my head out the window and try to keep my tears in. Why  a secret...am I not good enough for his family?

"Before you start to panic are start getting pissed at me...my grand-parents are very protective and when I called off the wedding with Roxie they where devastated I just...if things go wrong between you and me, I don't want them to go through that pain again I-"

"Wait a minute..." I say connecting the dots.

"They don't know about me?" I look fierce full at Nikki.

"No I-"

"Did they ever know about me?" I interrupt him. holding my heart in my hands trying to protect it from the pain it's about to feel.

"Sophie, I-"

"Yes or no!?" I repeat myself making him clench his jaw.

"they didn't...they never did, when they even heard it on the new...I told them it was a rumor." I scoff and sit back in my seat.

"How are you going to introduce me?" I look at him.

"Sophie this Isn't a-"

"Just cut the bullshit, how?" I repeat.

"As a friend" I laugh and look back outside of the window.

"are you fucking kidding me?" I start to laugh off the pain.

"Sophie, please let me explain why" I look at him and scoff nodding my head.

"Okay stop the car now!" Nikki nods and parks the car at this shitty diner.

"explain" I say as soon as his eyes fully land on me not just giving me the side look while he was driving.

"If they knew, they would tell my mom and then she would come and she would break you and you would leave me, and I can't take that pain again, so just telling them you are my friend is all I can give you right now." I see his eyes tearing up but the minute he stops speaking is the minute i can feel my heart warning me...that I will get hurt again.

"do you really know me that little?" I fire back.

***************************************************