Wild Areas of Development

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

(Mimikyu running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop in Paris, the night sky dark as the sounds of sirens blare in the distance. He lands on a rooftop but pauses to see a rat guard wearing a red beret and black and white striped shirt, his back turned to him.)

Sorry, give me a moment.

(Sneaks up, whacks guard into the air before slamming him onto the ground, making him disappear in a poof of blue.

Okay, now then...

(Glances directly at you.)

Three months. That's honestly shorter than I ever expected before I'd be posting another chapter of this. I had a sudden urge to write more of this and actually ended up getting a full chapter in a span of two weeks, wow. But that was like a month ago and then I ended up storing this chapter away up to now. The plan was to keep a chapter ready and post it once I finished another chapter but I thought, 'what the hell?' and decided to post it.

But moving on to the fic itself! Last time, our favorite boy and favorite model finally separated! *Cries on the inside* and then the boy blew up his arm!

...

Completely normal.

And it was too little too late for our acquaintance scientist to come and warn him about just exactly Dynamax energy is doing to him. Then there was Oleana being... Oleana, oh boy. And our boy Bede left on quite the sour note, I hope he doesn't take his anger out on someone... So what happens now? What's going to happen? Who will we see? Find out now!

(Hears sirens grow closer and glances down at the street to see a raccoon holding a yellow cane, a hippo with muscle, and a turtle in glasses driving away from cops in a blue van.)

Huh, neat.

_______________________________________________-

~{West Stony Wilderness-Sunny Weather}~

Gloria was... kinda confused.

With Victor having rejected her request to travel with him, she had been expecting to go on another lonely expedition with just her and her pokemon. Not that traveling with her pokemon wasn't enough, but she would've loved to also hang around with her human friends... one of them particularly. But regardless, she hadn't thought that anyone else would be joining her for the next leg of her journey...

And yet, here she was, walking side-by-side with the person she had least expected to be traveling with.

Marnie didn't notice Gloria staring as she was paying more attention to her Morpeko, holding her pokemon with one arm while using the other to feed her a cookie. Luna curiously watched Morpeko from Gloria's backpack, being the only pokemon of her trainer out of her ball for the time being. Their path was relatively peaceful, with no threatening pokemon in the distance and those being close not looking for any trouble.

But as her Morpeko nibbled on the cookie, the punk-styled girl finally caught Gloria eyeing her strangely, making her turn to the Scottish girl nervously.

"Erm, a'm sorry... Am I bothern' ya?"

Gloria realized that she had been staring too long and backed up while shaking her head.

"N-No, no! Ya ain't done nothin' wrong! I was just... Ah just don't know why a lass like ye decided tae come alon' wi' me?"

Marnie's tufts of hair seemed to lower in gloom, her expression falling with them.