III. "A Bad Day"

5am.

The body waking up so unprovoked is really something. No longer able to sleep on her off day, Simone picks her phone up off the table and scrolls through instagram.

Nothing much to see until about 10 pictures later.

@TheBakerMan1 I knew before this, but this sealed it

@TheBakerMan1 I knew before this, but this sealed it. #NewLove

It had only been a month and Jordan was already moving on and quickly. To think that the main argument they had was because of "projections," Simone's instincts proved her right and now her heart was shattered once again into a million pieces. She knew something was different, the way Jordan brushed off the conversation about Damon and seeing him be totally buddy buddy with Layla in LA broke the Camel's back.

Putting her AirPods in she plays her breakup playlist for the umpteenth time adding a new song to the mix as the tears began to flow.

"But I believed you when you said it
Did you mean it, did you mean it?
Mhm, mhm
Did you mean it?
Mhm (yeah), mhm
Always felt like I was the missin' piece
But now I feel like I'm missin' something, it's killin' me
Always wanted to belong to somethin' that belong to me
But if it's for everybody then it's not in my reach
When you speak, do you say things you mean?
Does your mind or your heart take the lead?
If it's love, does that mean you shouldn't leave?
I don't know, I don't know what to believe"

Was her whole relationship a lie? The buildup, the marriage, the almost re-marriage? Did he really love her? Memories now seem like nightmares as she looks at the picture of her ex and former bridesmaid coupled up. How could someone that made her feel so loved now make her feel so broken. Normally confident and outgoing, Simone was torn and more reserved than she's ever been. Days like this made her wish she never opened her heart up again. She loaned the key and now it backfired. Yes she wasn't perfect either, but her effort to course correct seemed too little too late.

Keisha and Nate have been her saving grace, but they wouldn't be the only ones.

She hits the block button on both Jordan and Layla's pages and deletes all remnants of what used to be on her page except for her Bringston family.

7:30am.

Who knew so much could happen in 2 1/2 hours? She gets up quietly not to wake Nate and heads towards the bathrooms to wash her face.

"Okay, let's try the courts." She needed anything to get her mind away from this.

A few reps in and she's feeling better until she receives a visitor.

"Well, if it isn't the traitor herself. I should've known you wouldn't stay off the court on off day."

"Hello to you too Thea." She keeps it cute.