VIII. "And This Christmas Will Be"

"Okay everybody, we need to open our secret Santa gifts before we leave for break!" Keisha yells. In true Keisha fashion, she held tight to anything that would bring her gang closer to her.

"Baby you are wayyy too excited about this, you acting like you about to win a million dollars." Cam mocks.

"Who needs a million dollars when I have my friends, and my man, but it would help though!" Shaking her head at the thought.

"If I had a million dollars I'd be on the beach right now."

"Oh okay. And where am I?"

"Tread lightly bro." JR chimes.

"With me girl duh, swear you be acting slow sometimes."

"I won't be acting when I return yo gift! Keep playing!"

Everyone was in attendance except for Damon, Thea, and Simone, somehow for crew functions those three could never be on time.

Keisha rushingly texts Simone to tell her to bring her butt on before all the wings were gone in the dining hall! It was Fried Friday and the chicken was always the first to go.

Thea comes to meet the crew for the first time in a while. Everyone was slowly getting back on good terms with her after she went all public enemy against Simone. When Thea truly saw that Simone had no ill intentions, and that Coach Lani was able to place both of them in the top 6, she learned the word humility, and quickly.

"Good to see you sis, I'm so glad you're back to playing tennis cuz whew!" Keisha blurts.

Nate cuts eyes at her with an uncomfortable laugh. "Yeah girl I'm sure we all are."

Keisha mouths "What." She was never one to hold her tongue.

Elsewhere, while the gang was still waiting, another impending conversation was happening.

"Simoneeeeeeeeeee Hickssssssss" Damon yells.

"Wow I'm surprised you remember me, it's been ages." Simone says with sarcasm.

"That's cold, but I get it. Thank you for being so understanding about Thea. You can't blame her for being jealous of you. Believe it or not you have it all, star power, beauty, brains, plus you're pretty cool too!"

"Keep talking." She smiles. "If she doesn't know by now I'm all about uplifting queens not pitting us against each other. She may feel like she can't rest easy around me, but trust me she can."

"I think she feels more comfortable now that we've been dating longer. Speaking of rest easy, are we still good? You haven't been thinking too much about me have you?" Damon smirks.

Boy. Try not at all. Try your brother. She thought.

"I've managed just fine you not all that special." She laughs. "My time has been pretty occupied lately."

"Oh word? You talking to somebody now? Which one of these dudes on campus is tryna step to my girl?"

"First, Thea is your girl, and second it's someone we know well, and that's all the tea you're going to get. We're cool in my book D! With all the drama behind us for now, I just wanna enjoy the rest of this year on a good note, so come on before Keisha tears our heads off!"

That last line stumped him as they walked towards the union from the athletic office.

"It's someone we know well."

The wheels were spinning as he tried to figure out who, and also when she had time to talk to someone. They hadn't spoken in quite some time but he didn't think he'd be replaced in her mind so quickly.