Chapter 2

-Alex! Is it really you?! How have you been?

-Hey, Heather! Great, it's good to see you! -I hugged the girl with affection, and I couldn't help but smile. It had been so long since I last saw her, and to be fair, I missed her.

Now I was on another island, away from the markets, with all my belongings in a bag. Boreas was a bit tired from the flight since he wasn't used to flying such long distances, and the other dragons were all around him, curious and wanting to know him. He scoffed, breathing out cold air that froze their noses, and I laughed a bit.

The island was called dragon's edge, and as Hiccup had told me, it's where all dragon riders of Berk, their original island, lived. Now including Heather, and I guess, me. Oh, and there was also this blond big guy called Fishlegs who had a gonkle named Meatlug. They all seemed to be good friends, and I felt a bit awkward there. At least, while flying, I got to know them a bit better. Hiccup was actually the leader, and then son of Berk's chief. His dragon's name was Toothless, a night fury, and from what he said, the last one. He seemed to be especially close to Astrid, the girl riding Stormfly the nadder. She was kind of scary before being on my side, but now she seemed to like me. She even complimented how good I was when I attacked the ship and asked to see Boreas and I in action some day. Then there was Snotlout, who kept flirting with me and being annoying. And finally, the twins. After giving back his brother, Ruffnut seemed to be nicer to me. She even apologized by herself to me for almost killing me. Apparently her thing was liking mischief and chaos and Loki. Along with her brother, Tuffnut. I knew him best, and for some reason, Boreas liked him. Not only did he trust him enough to fly up in the air when he told him to and go down to the boat, even though we could have died if he was lying, but also tried to, I guess, make him get closer to me. I knew Boreas liked it when I had friends and were with more people, but not to the point of pushing him to me back in the cave. But I guess I also saw something in him. I trusted him enough to talk about all my past, and his eyes... So shiny... Like beril, sapphire, aquamarine... No, another one, that wasn't it.

-So, what happened with the boat problem?

-Well, uh, about that-

We decided to wait until I was with everyone, including Fishlegs and Heather, to tell that story. I looked at Boreas for some comfort, and the dragon came to me to let me pet it. I felt a bit overwhelmed, but having him close made me feel better.

-Oh oh oh, I can tell this story! I know this one! -said Tuffnut happily.

-It's fine, I-

-Come on pleaase? I'll even reenact it! Real theatre!

-It's better if you just say yes, trust me -said Heather to me.

-Alright, go ahead.

-Okay, where should I begin...? Oh yeah, her parents' death.

I facepalmed and Heather sighed as she already knew about that. Tuffnut then started telling the story, while I pet Boreas. That was... going to be interesting.

-And that's when Ruffnut blew up the cave she lived in.

By that point he had told them as much as I had told him. Boreas was asleep on my lap, while Heather and everyone else listened to the crazy Viking who did as he promised and made the story a whole theater play. Hell, he even made some special effects with the help of his dragon. Everyone kinda looked at me, not knowing what to do or say. I knew their looks, it was the same look I got from those who knew about my parents' accident. An awkward smile, eyes nervously trying to avoid you but also holding your look to be supportive... The whole thing. What I never got was the smile the blond thing guy gave me, and that cheered me up.