Chapter 11

I heard some noises and footsteps, and I opened my eyes slowly, as I was still tired after last night's action. I rolled over to look in the direction of the noises, and I saw Tuffnut putting on his boots in an attempt to be silent. I yawned and got up from the bed, and he turned around when he noticed I was up.

-Where are you going so soon honey? -I said with another yawn.

-Oh, Ruff, Chicken and I are gonna do our first morning show. Sorry, didn't want to wake you up.

-It's okay. Next time you try to sneak out when someone is sleeping, put on your boots after you get outside, shoes are noisier than bare feet.

-I'll keep it in mind and won't ask why you know that.

-I can fly you down with Boreas if you want. I don't think you'd get there in time if you walked. Just give me a sec to put on some clothes -I kissed him and the boy smiled.

It had been a month since we allied with the defenders of the wing. A month since Viggo tried to kill us and destroy the Edge. A month since I decided to stay with Tuffnut and still get my vengeance. Things had been quiet, and even if I didn't want to say so myself, I was glad I finally got to enjoy some peace. My wounds had healed, but now I had some scars. I didn't mind them, as Tuff thought they were really cool, which always made me cheer up.
I put on my bra and a nice top, and some pants that were thrown on the floor. I put over my shoulders my cape, and I put my belt on my waist. I placed my lute on my back and we walked outside. It was a really nice day, the sun was shining and the cold breeze woke me up. Spring was almost here, and we all could tell.

-You'll have to invite me to your show one day -I said as we got on my dragon.

-I think having the mist assassin on an episode would be great for the business, yes.

-I expect half the shares of my episode too.

-What? Guests get thirty per cent, max -he said while taking off.

-Hmph, then I'll make my own show where I talk about all the ways one can kill a dragon hunter and steal your morning time -he gasped, and I smirked.

-You wouldn't.

-Try me.

We both laughed and he got closer to me, hugging me from my back. It had also been a month since the tales of the mist assassin travelled through the whole archipelago. I was quite the legend around there now, but no one knew I was an actual dragon rider, or that it was me. I heard some talking about how I was raised by a pack of woolly howls and that's why when I attacked Viggo's army, so many of them joined my side. Others said I was actually half-dragon myself, maybe some kind of demigod. But no one, as far as I was concerned, knew I was a dragon rider. I didn't try to hide it was me, but I wasn't saying it around either. Fame came with a cost, and that cost usually involved having masses of people that hated me and wanted me gone.
We arrived at the horn we had built not too long ago to hear if ships or anyone came close. I gave the idea to Hiccup, and the twins, being themselves, decided it was a great idea too. But to do the exact opposite.

-Have fun! -I said bye to the twins and Chicken, and Ruff started the show.

-GOOOOOOD MORNING DRAGON'S EDGE!

Her voice sounded through the island. They decided it was better to use the thing to amplify their voice instead of hearing better. It was quite fun, to be fair. I went to the clubhouse to hear them from there, far enough to not break my ears with how loud their voices were.

-It's Tuff!

-And Ruff!

-And Chicken, -the bird cackled, and I chuckled- In the morning!