Family

Amber rolled on her back. She had a distressed expression on her face. She was texting the guy from the cheerleader training. She was interested at first, but he seemed kinda boring now.
-

Are you free next Saturday?

I'm sorry, but you're not my type.

-

She turned off her phone and sighed. Usually she wouldn't reject someone so harshly. Most of the time it was just Kaeya scaring them away with his psychological tricks when they would get to bold. She loved him for that.

She closed her eyes and her mind went hazy.
But before she could fall asleep, her ringtone brought her back to reality. She sat up and yawned. Eula was calling her. "Hello..?"
"Eh... so like, my parents kinda kicked me out and I have nowhere to stay... Can I..?"

The cheerleader frowned. "Let me ask my parents fir-" "nononono- don't ask your parents anything! They'll tell my parents and stuff- you're gonna get in trouble yourself!"

She sounded stressed. This was the first time ever Amber heard or saw her in this state. Well she didn't knew her for long to be fair.

"Ugh... Okay..." She walked up to her window, where the blue-haired girl was crouching and waving up to her. "I guess you could climb up. Use the ladder to the right of you."

"Yessir." Eula put the phone in her pocket, still on call, and grabbed the ladder.

When she climbed up the last step, Amber reached her hand down and yanked her friend inside her house but Eula slipped and the ladder fell and made a loud noise. "Shit-" hissed Eula and laughed. "Oh gosh, let's hope my parents are watching the news right now or something..." Chuckled Amber. "Thank you for letting me in." Smirked the taller one and put her hands on her hips.

Amber smiled, "no problemo" Eula walked to the brunettes bed and slumped down. "Ahh I missed the feeling of a mattress..." Mumbled Eula. "What was that?" Said Amber, while rummaging through her closet. She fished out a top and shorts. The cheerleader didn't wait for Eula to respond and continued talking; "do you want pj's too, or..?" She turned to look at her friend. "Okay. What's your WiFi password?"

They talked for a while and changed their clothes which was quite embarrassing for Amber, because Eula couldn't stop teasing her.

Eula sat on a seat close to the window and turned to Amber; "Can I smoke here?" Amber thought about it. "...Yeah, I guess, but let me too. We have to be careful." She grinned and pushed another chair close to the window after pushing some clothes under her door.

Eula smiled and pulled a lighter and a pack of cigarettes out of the small bag she bought.
She gave one to Amber and lit it for her, then one for herself.

"Have you ever smoked in your life?" Laughed the blue-haired haired girl. Amber coughed. "Once, when I first met Kaeya in 6th grade." She continued coughing. The Lawrence chuckled. "Where the does a eleven years old boy get cigarettes from..." Amber sighed, smoke coming out of her mouth. "From his dad, he stole them... Well, his biological dad. Dilucs father adopted him, the fathers were friends. But after the death of Kaeyas mother, he committed suicide." Eula hummed. "What a poor guy. How about you?" Amber's gaze fixated on the thin smoke, which slowly flew up into the dark night sky. "My parents are just there, I guess. They're not fighting very often, but aren't exactly in love either."

Eula pressed her cigarette on the ledge, which left a mark. Amber frowned at the others action.

"How do you know what love is like? Maybe they are in love and you just can't tell?" Amber narrowed her eyes and huffed. "I don't know, but I mean look at these couples from age 14 to 80 are all the same. always holding hands and looking at each other lovingly with this 'uwu ilysm' atmosphere..." Amber gagged.

Eula moved a little closer to her friend. "Have you ever thought about experiencing the same thing?" The cheerleader looked at her, kind of amused; "are you hitting on me?" Eula smirked and leaned back to her original position. "Does it seem like it? Then I guess I am." Amber's cheeks dusted with a pinkish color. "Aww, are you embarrassed?" Giggled Eula and restrained herself from cuddling her right here and there. "Shut up..." The brunette gazed into the distance. "I don't know if I ever told you this, but you're- genuinely now-, really beautiful." Eula tried to suppress her smile as good as possible as Amber smiled widely. "... Thank you... I thought you were just playing around with me and wanted to get me into bed —and maybe that's the case, but I'd still like to spend time with you. Just... please don't use me." She turned from Eula away and gazed back into the distance.

Eula was surprised. This was the first time in at least five years someone said something so kind to her. And she felt bad. Bad for stalking her Instagram and in real life too. She was actually a really good person. The blue-haired girl felt like she didn't deserve to be with her. She looked ashamed at the darkness behind them in Amber's room.

Usually she just liked someones body, got them somehow to sleep with her and then managed to block them on all social medias she even knew of.

"Is everything okay?" Amber seemed like a light, due her head being exactly in front of the streetlight which was standing in front of her house.

Eula gulped. "yes, 'was just thinking."

Amber sighed and stood up. She closed the window and started to drown the room in perfum and deodorant.

Her friend coughed, "c-calm down, your parents didn't even check if you're asleep, they won't burst in now!"

Amber sighed. She sighs a lot. "Sorry this stuff makes me paranoid... I'm even worse with my other friends." She giggled and laid on her bed after turning off the lights.

Eula stood awkwardly in her room, waiting for her friend to give her instructions. "Uh Amb-" "-you can sleep with me." She yawned and buried her face in a pillow.

The blue-haired one remained flabbergasted. First her crush was giving her clothes and now she's supposed to sleep with her? Impossible. There's no way her dirty mind is going to survive this. For the first time in ages her face went red. Well for the first time in ages for a good reason. Usually it happened when she was about to have a panic attack or a breakdown.

Reminder to take her medication.

So before she got into bed with the brunette she took one of the white pills and drank a gulp of water afterwards.

She carefully pushed back the covers and slid next to her friend.

It was warm. A nice kind of warm, which was from another person. Like a hug.