Chapter 9

Morty groaned as he regained consciousness. He was in an eerily dark, seemingly empty room, tightly tied to a chair with a rough feeling rope. His head throbbed.

He tried to remember what had happened as he struggled against his bondage:

Morty had been sitting at his desk, jotting something into a small notebook when someone knocked on his door. He slipped the notebook into one of his jean's pockets as he sighed. "Come in," he called, and a Rick came in frantically.

"We found them," the Rick said.

Morty stood up smoothly. "Well, don't just stand there," he said.

"Mmhm," the Rick hummed, gesturing for Morty to follow him. They hurried down the Citadel's hall and passed a surplus of the same blue haired man.

They were finally going to catch the power disturbance they had found more than two years prior and had grown threefold since then. They had virtually no intel on it, but they had narrowed it down to three boys living together. They had just then pin-pointed their exact location.

Morty and the Rick finally made it to where they needed to be. They walked into a large, dark room empty except for the computers and scientific equipment lining the walls.

Morty grabbed a gun-like gadget from another Rick's hands and fired it into the empty space of the room. It caused a green portal to open.

Four Ricks fell in line beyond Morty as he walked through the interdimensional tare.

When he stepped out, he saw a rundown shack in a clearing surrounded by a dense forest. There were three teenagers in front of him.

One with a navy-blue cape and red cone hat upon his head, and branches growing out of his head like a pair of antlers. Another wore a white hood and a shiny crown, his feet bare and his skin tinted blue. The other was a female wearing a blue sweater and yellow skirt.

That is odd, Morty thought. I was told they were all male. Probably one of the damnable Ricks' fault.

"You three are coming with me," Morty said, pointing to the odd ensemble.

He heard a laugh behind him and the familiar sound of bodies hitting the ground. "No," the voice said. "You are coming with me."
Then it all went dark.

Morty removed one of his arms free from the rope, which pulled him out of his thoughts. He started to work on the next arm when a door opened and light came flooding into the room.

Morty glared as a dark silhouette walked through the door.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you," The person said. They were a boy in a strange suit, Morty could now tell. He was looking at Morty's free arm.

"Let me go right now. You have no-" Morty said confidently but was interrupted by the boy's loud laughing.

"I have no idea who you are? What am I dealing with?" The boy said, stepping closer and closer. "'President' Morty, I do know what I am dealing with, and, believe me, I have it quite handled."

"Then you know we are here to arrest you," Morty said, unphased by the boy's little speech.

The boy laughed again. "That's not going to happen. I have an arrest warrant from the Axolotl himself, yet here I am, free," he said, planting both his hands around Morty's wrists and the arms of the chair. He leaned down so their eyes were level.

"Who are you?" Morty asked, looking straight into the boy's bizarre cat-like eyes.

"Call me Bipper," the boy said as he tilted his head to the side without breaking the harsh eye contact.