Chapter 20

Dipper liked having his body back with full control, of course. He liked having Mabel around and completely sane. He liked hanging around the Mystery Shack, he liked Ford, who he met for the first time, and he liked the normalness of it all.

It was a little awkward explaining to their uncles that they were not the same Dipper and Mabel that had gone through the past three years, but they got through it.

It was weird to not have Bill sharing his mind, though. Not to instantly know everything, to know the future. Not to have powers or the like.

He liked the quietness of it, still, despite the bizarreness of it all.

Him and Mabel spent the entire day hanging out with their family and saw everything that was different.

When they woke up the next morning, though, it was concerning.

"I thought it would be temporary," Mabel said as she sorted through various sweaters on her bed, a nervous act, Dipper knew. "Like in the movies and stuff."

"Me too. But we don't even know how it happened, so we can't be sure how it will end," Dipper said, pacing the room, chewing on a pen he found on the table.

They fell into silence broken a few minutes later when Mabel made a shocked noise. "Remember when we were all in the circle, holding hands the other night?" Mabel asked.

"Yeah," Dipper answered as he nodded.

"And Wirt said, 'I wish I could go back to normal life?' Well, what if you magicked stuff so we all went back to what life would have been like if whatever bad thing that happened to us never did?" Mabel said really fast.

Dipper nodded. "That makes sense, but it doesn't explain how to get back."

"Magic, duh," Mabel said, waving her hands. "But do we want to reverse it? Where is everyone anyways? Are they happy?"

Dipper thought a second. "Wirt is with his brother, like he said the other night, Morty is running the Citadel, probably bored but content. Probably. Frisk is in their monster world, but they're most likely enjoying the carnage."

"And Finn?" Mabel asked, moving a penguin sweater into a pile of blue sweaters.

"I don't think he was in the wish, or whatever we are going to call it. It may just have been the ones partaking in the seance," Dipper explained.

Mabel nodded. She looked strangely somber.

"Are you okay?" Dipper asked her.

"Yeah..." she said. "It's just, we never really got to say goodbye to everyone."

Dipper nodded. "Yeah," he said sadly. "We could always go back."

Mabel turned around to look at her brother, "What?"

Dipper rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean, we don't have to, but if we ever needed to, we could summon Bill and get him to take us back."

"Isn't Bill gone in this universe?" Mabel asked.

Dipper shook his head. "No, he is here."

"Woah, you have a mental connection with a demon," Mabel said. "That's kind of trippy, Dippin' Dots."

"Mabel," Dipper said, annoyed.

"Well, you do," Mabel said. "So tell us, Mr. Used-to-be-Connected-to-a-Demon, how do we summon said demon?"

___

"We're clear," Mabel said as he reentered their room. She had been making sure their uncles and other family were preoccupied so they wouldn't be bothered (or stopped). "Soos is working, Stan is watching 'The Duchess Approves', which just started, and Ford is at the bunker with McGucket because apparently they are old friends..."