Chapter 12

Frisk smiled to themself. This was the moment they had fought so hard to get to. They raised their already bloody knife and drove it into the infernal flower's fragile body, taking its remaining life.

Frisk grinned at the pile of dead vegetation as they brushed the yellow petals off their striped sweater.

Suddenly a person appeared in front of Frisk with a smile, which caused Frisk to falter back a step.

"Greetings," the kid said. "I am Nator."

Frisk didn't say anything to the person. They just narrowed their eyes at Nator.

"Thank you. Your power awakened me from death," Nator said. "My 'human soul', my 'determination', they were not mine, but yours. At first, I was so confused. Our plan had failed, hadn't it?"

Frisk, still not saying anything, slowly nodded their head at Nator.

"Why had I been brought back to life?" Nator paused. "You. With your guidance I realized the purpose of my reincarnation: power. Together we eradicated the enemy and became strong. HP. ATK. DEF. GOLD. EXP. LV. Every time a number increases, that feeling... That's me. 'Nator.'"

Frisk smiled. The realization of what they had done set in. They were free.

"Now. Now, we have reached the absolute. There is nothing left for us here. Let us erase this pointless world and move on to the next," Nator said.

Frisk nodded again as two buttons appeared in front of them: "Erase" and "Do Not". They were quick to press "Erase" and the world faded to white.

"Good job, you've done it! You've erased the world!" Nator said in Frisk's head.

The white departed into an unfamiliar forest in the dead of night. Frisk started to laugh hysterically at all they had done. They explored the deep woods in joy and curiosity.

Soon, Frisk heard voices from behind them. They jumped into a conveniently placed cave and waited in the pitch blackness of it.

"You're insane," Frisk heard a monotone voice say.

"Sure I am, what's your point?" another voice answered in a cool threat.

Two figures appeared at the mouth of the cave, but Frisk could only see their silhouettes.

They tensed. One looked to be a monster with only the vague shape of a body, head, and antler-like horns.

"Where are you taking me?" it asked, stopping.

Frisk pounced, throwing themself at the shape with their knife drawn and ready to puncture flesh.

The creature responded by tossing Frisk to the forest floor. Instantly, they felt branches wrap around their limbs and torso. Frisk struggled against the strangely rapid growing wood but couldn't break from it.

"What is this?" the beast they attacked asked, leaning over Frisk.

"Wouldn't you like to know, monster?" Frisk spat, still struggling.

The other, who Frisk admittedly hadn't paid attention to since he looked to be human, laughed. "Beasty? A monster? He's like the second least monstrous of the whole lot of us!" he peered at the child. "You included."

"I am not one of those creatures," Frisk yelled.

"We all hear the voices," the teenager said. "Except Morty, he has no inner-consciousness." He kept a steady grin. "Does that make us monsters? When we listen to them, yeah, it does."

"You're not a monster. You're a kid," Frisk said. They finally stopped battling against the branches.

"And you look like an innocent little girl who should be running home to her mommy and not lurking in an abandoned town's haunted forest," the boy said. "But looks can be very deceiving." He waved his hand and blue flames erupted in his palm.

"Are you going to kill me?" Frisk asked, more annoyed than scared.

"Well, I imagine you'll just keep coming back over and over again," he said. "I was thinking more of taking you with us."

"Why?" Frisk asked suspiciously.

"I assume you have nowhere to sleep? It gets really cold at night. No food to eat? Everything in this forsaken forest will kill you before you kill it. You think you can fight all these monsters at once? Trust me when I say you won't last a week," the boy said.

"What about him?" Frisk asked, nodding their head towards the silent one.

"Wirt? He was bate for you," the boy said, humor in his strange eyes.

Wirt, as he was called, narrowed his eyes and mouthed the word, "bait". As he did, the vines around Frisk fell limp.

"So do we have a deal?" the boy said, sticking out his hand as Frisk sat up.

"You said you have food? Free food? And a place to sleep?" Frisk asked.

"Yep!" he answered.

"Okay," Frisk said hesitantly, but they still shook his hand. Their hands ignited in the blue fire from before.

The odd group made their way back to a rickety old shack and to Frisk's new home.

______

Well, I tried.

Short little chapter, but a new character.

Thank you all so much. I would love your feedback!

Thank you all. I bid you adieu.