Chapter 10

Bipper walked into the dark basement. He was hoping to bother Morty with nothing interesting to get on his nerves. A welcome gift basically, even though he had been there for two weeks already.

When he reached the main level of the lower building, Morty was about to step through a green portal, which was the only light source in the room. It illuminated Morty's frowning features.

Bipper's shoe scraped the floor with a loud noise, causing Morty to turn and his glare to deepen.

"What?" he sneered.

"Are you going to work?" Bipper said pleasantly despite the shade the other was throwing him. He nodded at the portal.

"What's it to you?" Morty asked sourly.

"Can I go with you?" Bipper said, moving to stand next to Morty in front of the portal.

"No," Morty said bluntly. He turned his body curtly after their shoulders brushed.

"Please?" Bipper mock begged. "It's boring here."

"No," Morty repeated.

Bipper rolled his eyes. "You live in my house, young man, so you will live by my rules," he said. "And I can follow you wherever I want to. That is a rule."

Morty closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he tried to stay relatively calm. "This is your house?" he said carefully.

"Yes. The man who owned it died, and the person he left it to also dies, so it goes to next of kin in this town. That is my father, technically, but I am also technically a millennia older, so is my house," Bipper explained. "I am coming with you."

Morty scoffed. "Fine, but don't make a scene."

Bipper grinned smugly for breaking Morty's will. "What classifies as a scene?"
Morty turned to face Bipper. "Don't talk, don't touch anything, don't speak to anyone, and so not mess anything up," he said, poking Bipper in the chest after everything he said.

Bipper nodded. "Don't worry, eyepatch, everything will be fine. It'll be fun!"

Morty sighed. "Come on before I change my mind."

Bipper laughed a little at that and followed Morty through the green tare.

On the other side of the portal was a futuristic hall filled with people bustling about. They all were different in one way or another, but they were all the same person: Rick.

Bipper and Morty walked down halls and corridors until Morty led Bipper to an ornate door into an office.

Morty went and sat at his large desk, pulling out a small notebook and started to scribble something into it. He completely ignored Bipper, who walked over and started to mess with stuff on the desk.

"Stop that," Morty snapped after Bipper knocked over a cup of writing utensils.

Bipper retreated from the desk with his hands clasped behind his back. He walked around to stand behind Morty and started to read over his shoulder as he wrote into the notebook.

After a minute, Morty set the notebook down on the desk and turned his chair to face Bipper. "Can I help you?"

Bipper smiled innocently. "What is 'Circle U'?" he asked.

"What?" Morty said.

"In your notebook you kept writing 'Circle U' and a bunch of equations. What does that mean?" Bipper asked.

Morty defensively and almost instinctively reached for the notebook. "That is none of your business."

Bipper shrugged. "Those equations just don't line up with any 'Circle U' I know. They almost are like-" Bipper straightened in realization. "Oh, eyepatch, the Central Curve? Are you sure you wanna mess with that?"

Morty shoved the notebook in his pocket, but he was saved from answering by a knock at the door.

"Come in," he said.

A Rick entered with a hectic swoop of the door. "We have a situation," he said.

"Details?" Morty prompted calmly.

The Rick glanced warily at Bipper. "For your ears only."

Bipper laughed. "That's really funny. Like I don't know what you do in that basement of yours."

Morty looked at Rick. "Has something happened in the cells?"

"Yes," Rick said, again looking at Bipper with a sideways glance. "Who is this?"

Bipper gasped, placing his hand over his heart. "You don't remember me? I am wounded."

"I would remember a teenager playing want-to-be reverend and," The Rick looked him over. "Stabbed themself with a fork."

Bipper followed the man's line of sight to his wrist where his sleeve had come up a bit to show deep scars in the shape of fork prongs. "You should remember me. Who could forget Bill Cipher?"

"You are..." Rick said, not believing Bipper. "Okay, sure. Morty, situation."

"Okay," Morty said, standing up. "Bipper?"

"Mmhm," Bipper hummed cheerfully.

"Go home," Morty ordered.

"Aye, aye," Bipper said, mockingly saluting. "And buy gold, bye. For good measure." He winked, snapped his fingers, and disappeared.

______

Short chapter, but I wanted it. This is one of the random chapters I have in here for my enjoyment purely. It makes it better after the last chapter to.

Anyways, I won't spoil anything, so I bid you adieu.