Chapter 13

Morty was jarred awake by a sharp pain in his side.

"Wake up," someone said.

"What the hell do you want, Bipper?" Morty groaned, knowing it was the demon boy without opening his sleep filled eyes.

He had just walked into the basement after dealing with another Morty uprising in the cells, which could have been disastrous and was very tiring. He fell asleep what felt like minutes before.

"Cook us food," Bipper said, grabbing Morty's arm to drag him out of his bed.

Morty tugged his arm out of Bipper's cold grip and got out of bed himself. He watched as Bipper's eyes traveled to his face where there was still blood matted in his hair and crusted on his skin. "Why me?" Morty asked.

"We picked up a new kid. They are only staying for the bare necessities, including food. I can't cook to save my life and they need an actual cooked meal," Bipper explained. "Besides, cooking is just chemistry, right? You like science."

Morty narrowed his eyes as he crossed his arms.

"And I may or may not have gone through your memories at some point to see that you like to, so..." Bipper said absently.

"I hate you," Morty grumbled as he rubbed the sleep out of his tired eyes.

"Aww, I hate you too, eyepatch," Bipper said sweetly. "Now get to work."

Morty sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you," Bipper said in a voice filled with insincerity.

They filled into the elevator that would take them to the main building.

Morty looked at Bipper out of the corner of his eye. When Bipper had disappeared after saying, "Buy gold, bye," (Whatever that meant), it really freaked the Rick out. He wanted to know why.

"Bipper," Morty ventured. "Who is Bill Cipher, and why does Rick know him?"

Bipper blinked in surprise. He sighed. "Bill Cipher is -was- a very powerful demon. He had a run in with the Citadel long before you were born."

"Then why did you say you were him?" Morty asked.

"Because I am," Bipper said. "Kind of. It is very complicated and makes no sense."

"No it does not," Morty deadpanned.

Bipper laughed as the elevator dinged open and they climbed the stairs into a large, empty room.

Bipper set off to wake the others, and Morty went to the kitchen. He went to work, trying his best to make six stacks of pancakes in the shameful excuse for a kitchen.

Quite suddenly a little kid with short choppy hair, a blue and purple sweater, and black skirt walked into the room carrying something deep crimson and wet.

"What is that?" Morty asked in disgust.

"A monster," the kid said, unphased by the fact they had never seen him before.

The thing in their hands sprang up and onto the table, much to both of their surprise. Morty quickly grabbed a metal skewer from a drawer and stabbed the already injured creature.

"Woah," the kid said.

Morty gathered the monster, with the skewer still in its chest, and threw it in the trash. He started to clean the things blood. "I am assuming you are the new recruitment?" he asked.

"Yeah," the kid replied.

"Oh," Morty said. "You will fit right in."

___