Four

Edited 29th of April 2023

Chapter four

I still couldn't comprehend what he had just said to me. It sent me on a rollercoaster of emotions that I couldn't put together.

Trying to rid myself of the butterflies dancing in my stomach, I stepped into the shower, letting the water work its magic.

Being married to Henry so far had been a wild ride of emotions. It would've been easier if he wasn't so attractive. At least then, I wouldn't want to grab ahold of him every second of the day. Despite all of that, I genuinely felt like I had found an amazing friend in him. He made me feel incredibly comfortable. His joking and teasing personality made me feel at home, so in that respect, I felt relaxed.

I grabbed the towel that felt too expensive and wrapped it around my frame, with my hair now up in a high messy bun. Wiping the mirror with my hand to remove the condensation, I quickly checked my appearance to see whether the jet lag had taken its toll yet. It had. I looked utterly exhausted.

Shaking my head I then realised I didn't have a bedroom to get dressed in, all my clothes were in my suitcase that resided in the living room.

I have a knack for getting myself into awkward situations, an inherent part of my personality at this point. Still, I needed to be more confident. It was only a towel, and Henry had seen me in my thongs not long ago. He would see me in my swimsuit too.

Hurrying across the tiled floor, my wet feet left footprints as I went. I finally reached my suitcase, but my heart was beating wildly in my chest. I knew I could never get used to this nervous feeling I had around Henry.

Kneeling beside my suitcase, I began to rummage through the clothes, trying to decide what to wear. I hoped I had the right attire for the hot weather.

I settled on a beige open-chest playsuit, with a plain black belt with a silver buckle and black flats. Of course, I also needed to wear my black lacy bra and matching knickers. This should do the trick.

Flinging the clothes out of the suitcase, I stood up hurriedly, trying not to let my wet feet slip. That would hurt and be embarrassing. Luckily, I composed myself well and walked quickly to the bathroom door.

"I made it," I hummed to myself, looking back into the large bathroom mirror. I quickly dressed myself in the clothes I had just chosen.

This honeymoon was a dream come true for many women, I wish it was for the correct reasons because I wouldn't be able to control myself if I were here with the love of my life, the whole villa gave me sex vibes. There was a fridge completely filled with alcohol beverages and also a stack of wine laid in the pantry, I would be completely smashed if it weren't for being on my toes all the time- also known as being incredibly nervous around Henry Cavill.

Looking at my attire I decided to now sort my mop of hair out, I began to brush the wet locks making them fall elegantly on my chest and then proceeding to grab the hairdryer that was plugged into the wall. That is the one thing I didn't understand about some countries, how it is apparently safe to have an electrical device situated in a bathroom.

Shaking my thoughts away I was finally looking presentable, my hair was now dry and hung loosely past my breasts, my teeth now the familiar pearly whites I knew and my jet lagged bags under my eyes were now lightly covered with concealer.

It wasn't that I wanted to look good for Henry, but I also didn't want him to think he had married a total tramp. Henry always took pride in his appearance, I could tell. He definitely worked out frequently to keep up with his muscly physique so for me it wasn't that I had to- I needed to. Otherwise it would be a complete embarrassment for both of us and anybody who may perhaps see us.