Eleven

Chapter eleven

My eyes scanned the dresses hung up in front of me, they were simply gorgeous and I had the opportunity to choose any which one I wanted.

"You didn't have to buy all of these for me!" I squeaked, my hand brushing against a beautiful satin, rose gold dress that caught the light as I moved it.

"Seeing as you got forced to marry me.. I thought I should make an effort to make you feel at home"

Turning around I faced Henry, he was wearing the most incredible, smartest tux I had ever seen. It suited him and it made me think back to our wedding day, I for sure missed this look on him. It was simple and black, yet carved out his muscles perfectly which made my throat dry. His black jeans fitted perfectly on his hips and the belt he wore was of course very expensive, I wondered on to inappropriate thoughts about what he could do to me with that belt. The very thought of it made my cheeks quickly tint a shade of pink.

Switching my gaze to his face my heart dipped, his stubble was just enough to be sexy without looking like he didn't care about his appearance and his hair wasn't combed back how it usually is, he was rocking his messy, curly, dark waves which I adored. This man certainly was a heart throb and at times I indulged in just staring at him, he was breathtakingly perfect.

Raising his familiar brow that I was so accompanied to I shook my head from these rather elusive thoughts and stared at him innocently, already knowing he knew I was checking him out.

"A-ah of course but you really didn't have to buy me so many dresses Hen, I wouldn't ever be able to pay you back.." I stammered, trying to regain my composure from all those dirty thoughts swirling about in my head.

Henry softly placed a hand on my face, rubbing his thumb against my cheek. The smallest actions from Henry as I will always say could make my knees weak, which they did.

"I just wanted to treat you Melanie"

Blushing profusely I swatted his hand away, looking away from him with embarrassment, I felt so vulnerable in his presence. Was it because he was such a gorgeous man that I was unworthy of? I wasn't sure.

"T-thank you, that's very kind of you" gulping back saliva I took a deep breath of air in, trying to release my mind from this 'torture'

"Anyway. What is with the nickname Hen?"

Pursing my lips together I realised that I had accidentally nicknamed him, maybe he would hate it, maybe he would love it but it definitely caused me to become more embarrassed if that was humanly possible.

"Stop worrying Melanie, I like it" as if reading my thoughts Henry decided to rescue me and reassure me with just a simple comment, though it calmed me down immensely. I was too concerned by what Henry would think of me that I was starting to become a different version of Melanie Ainsley- I wasn't too keen on this side of me. I am normally very stubborn, tough and I don't cower away like a lost poppy.

"Now let's find you a dress, shall we?"

Nodding I decided to scour through the dresses again, which happily took my mind off him. Though I still felt his eyes piercing me from behind. "Henry, I can choose my dress alone.."

Henry smirked deviously "ohh of course. I was hoping you would forget I was here"

Curling my toes I decided not to respond and instead let him leave the room, thankfully. The only thing with Henry that was rather irritating me was the fact I had told him I was struggling to keep loyal to Tom, yet he was pushing my buttons purposely.