Twelve

Chapter twelve

I felt so out of place, everyone here looked like they were made to live this lifestyle whilst for me I was just Melanie, simple and plain Melanie who didn't get the opportunity to even attend such events- until now.

Women dressed in the most elegant dresses whilst the men were all suited up as if they were about to go on a red carpet premiere, even though this is the most I have ever dressed up I still felt like an outcast waiting to be picked on. I hated my anxiety, these events just aren't made for someone like me.

Clearly noticing my discomfort Henry passed me a glass of champagne which I happily accepted, hopefully some alcohol will settle my nerves. Henry gave me a warm smile, placing his hand on the small of my back as we began to walk further into the ball.

"You look amazing, stop worrying"

Looking up at him weakly I gripped my glass tightly, still feeling like I was on edge. "This just isn't my scene..."

Taking my free hand in his he squeezed it gently, looking at me with such adoration that it made me feel like I wasn't so alone in this daunting place. "Why isn't it your scene? Before you're not famous ?"

Nibbling my lip I looked away, catching my eyes on all the formally dressed women and men, clearly enjoying themselves immensely.

Though apparently looking away was distasteful to Henry so he grabbed my face, insuring I was looking at him and only him. The lack of control swirled that same familiar warmth inside me, the type of feeling that you'll happily allow take over every inch of your body and mind.

"Henry..." I murmured

"You are my wife Melanie, this is now your scene too... my sexy, beautiful wife. Let me show you off, please?"

His eyes were pleading, like a puppy wanting a treat. The very resemblance was enough to soften my heart enough to listen to everything he had to say and to trust him with my very soul, I wasn't sure what it was about Henry and I feel I will always wonder what makes him so special but for now I soaked him all up, this man makes me feel like I'm unstoppable.

Though I still couldn't fathom what Henry just said, all it did was cause me to feel confused, overwhelmed and... gain butterflies all in the pit of my belly.

Nodding hesitantly I leaned into him, inhaling his cologne which that in itself was enough to make me feel secure, his body touching against mine felt as if it were intentional, like he was wrapping me up in a safety net.

"Be that little minx I know you to be Melanie" Henry winked, his fangs on show with the cheekiest smirk plastered on his face.

Ah I loved that cheeky smile of his.

Deciding I needed to muster up some courage I softened up my ridges, my body relaxing into my surroundings. I think it's time I started acting like Henry's wife.

Click clacking of heels were heard as a young woman with strawberry blonde hair and a fitted black dress strolled towards us, the woman's hair bounced with every movement she made which caught Henry's eye as he looked at her with lustful eyes, the very interaction made me inwardly cringe.

"Ahh Henry!" She exclaimed enthusiastically. Oh great they knew one another

Then I thought, why am I getting jealous ?

"Hey Rosa, how are things?" Henry queried, his teeth lightly biting his bottom lip. Inappropriate thoughts clearly on his mind, I could read him all over.