Thirty six

Chapter thirty six:

Chloe was beyond bothering me, I knew I agreed to let her stay here for two days but she was treating this like a holiday. The constant flirtatious looks she darted towards Henry made me clench my fists, it was out of order.

Letting out a puff of air I walked over to the fridge to make myself some dinner, not wanting to make much effort I pulled out a microwave meal that was ham and mushroom tagliatelle, putting it into the microwave I rested my body against the counter; pondering away at my thoughts and humming to myself.

Chloe walked in, a spoon of peanut butter lodged in her mouth, she wore black hot pants that were way too short and a plain white tank top, with her bleached blonde hair tied into a messy bun. "Oh hey" frowning my eyebrows I turned on my heel directing my attention back to the microwave. "Have I done something wrong?" Grabbing the now heated meal I placed it on the counter, perching my hands either side. "I know what you're doing Chloe but believe me it isn't going to work"

Chloe scoffed lightly, clear amusement written over her face. "And what is it that I'm trying to do?" Clicking my tongue I walked over to her slowly; anger writhing through me. "I know you're trying to get Henry back" Chloe quirked an eyebrow, placing the messy peanut butter spoon down and the jar. "Melanie I'm not trying to get back with Henry, I just didn't want to be alone"

Pursing my lips together I shook my head in dismay "don't even try, I've seen the way you look at him and what you're wearing" waving a finger in the air towards her attire. Chloe giggled lightly, still amused by our conversation which only pissed me off further. "I'm hot, I can wear what I want Melanie. As for Henry I'll say it again- I am not interested"

"In my house, you don't dress like you're wanting to climb into bed with my husband" I shot back with my teeth gritted. Chloe stepped towards me which closed the gap and simply stared at me as if she was scanning me intently. "Melanie, stop being insecure. Let's just play nice, okay?" Sitting down on one of the kitchen stools I began to bounce my leg up and down, not sure on how to reign in these emotions. "Chloe I'm not insecure, I'm just not stupid" Chloe shrugged grabbing the peanut butter again and scooping a disgusting amount on the spoon "I'll be real with you...I would love to get Henry back, but I'm not a home-wrecker. I know he is all loved up with you... and your baby-

"Our baby" I hissed shooting her a glare. Chloe frowned, now seated opposite me "I will only be here for a few days and I'll be off" Clicking my tongue I began to stir my meal, watching as the heat steamed off of it. "So what do you want Chloe?" Chloe sighed, toying with a strand of her hair "There is bad people after me, I wanted somewhere to go to that wasn't obvious" my face faltered realising that Chloe was genuinely just a frightened woman, seeking comfort from our family. "Will we be involved in this now?" Though it did scare me that we would somehow get some backlash from this. Chloe shook her head "not at all, they wouldn't dare."

"Besides from what they know, Henry is a famous man with security guards. They wouldn't even try to get to me"
Slamming a hand down on the table I then began to realise, did she tell them she was here?

"Chloe don't tell me that you told them you would be here"
Chloe bit down on her lower lip, edging away from the table "I told them I was staying with my famous ex so they better back off-
"Are you insane Chloe!? That is getting us involved though isn't it? Is it drugs?"

Chloe shifted in her seat, now getting uncomfortable. "Yes... I owe them money" scoffing I shook my head hastily "so your ploy is for them to come here and Henry hasn't got a choice but to pay them, am I right?" Chloe got off the chair still toying with a strand of her hair. "Not at all..."