03.

Arya James

Hurriedly I jumped off the bed and walked after him, he walked back into the kitchen and put my dog down, the little pupper walked to the couch and sat himself down with his tail waggling.

Mr. Evans rolled his sleeves up exposing his veiny arms, a tattoo was evident my his sleeve. He poured whiskey into his glass, that was his go to drink even at dinners. He grabbed another glass and poured some, less than the amount in his glass.

He extended his hand out to me, offering the glass of whiskey. Gladly, I took it from his hands. "Can I ask you something?"

"You already have." He replied looking up at me, as he was sat down on the counter chairs. "Why didn't you actually find someone real, like go on dates with people?You're a fine man, I'm sure you could have found a proper fiancé."

His eyes shot up at me, "no one has captured my attention yet." He confessed. 'Of course not you have high expectations.' I thought in my head.

"Is that so?" He said looking at me, I stared at him confused, "is what so?" He laughed standing up walking over to me.

"Miss James, do I really have high expectations?" I placed my palm on my mouth covering it, how could I say that out loud. "Ignore that." I said looking embarrassed, a blushing mess.

"No entertain me, do you think I have high expectations." He was still walking closer to me, backing me further back until I hit the edge of the counter. "Well as your personal assistant, I know you have a high expectations."

"Yet you handle it all so well?" He said questions whether or not I was being honest.

I looked up at him, separating our bodies with the glass in my hands between our chests. "Well I have to, or else you would be unpleased with my work effort."

"So should I find someone else?" He teased taking a sip of his drink.

"I didn't say that, it's just I would prefer if you had maybe one or two expectations lowered." I chuckled slightly, he walked away pouring another glass.

"Okay, I'll get you your own assistant, to handle the situations you see suit to be unworthy of your time."

"You don't have to." My voice was poor, he shook his head no siping some whiskey before dropping his glass from his mouth. "No you deserve time to rest, and you've worked long enough to receiv-." Our attention was drawn to the sound of the gate opening.

"What was that?" I questioned, he placed his glass down and walked to my side, shushing me. "Go upstairs, I'll call you down if it's safe." I did as he told, everything was quiet until the sound of the door opened.

Muffled voices spoke, quietly I stepped down the stairs to hear what was happening. "Mom you're here early." Mr. Evans said.

A lady's voice replied, "I wanted to surprise my baby and his wife." She chuckled after.

"Fiancé you mean." He corrected, "anywho where is she?"

This was my cue to go downstairs, I composed myself and walked back down, as I ascended down the stairs, an older gentlemen standing next to an older well dressed lady came into view. All three sets of eyes watched me.

I smiled and walked to Mr. Evans' side. "Hello." I extended my hand, only for it to be grabbed and for me to be pulled into a tight bear hug. "Oh aren't you stunning!" She said hugging me as if she had known me for a long time.

"I could gladly say the same, I see where Killian got his smile from." I said hugging her back, she let me go and held my biceps analysing my face, pulling me back into another hug. I was starting to suffocate from her strong grasp, her husband must have noticed how much I became to wince and cringe my face.

"Come on honey, relax on the poor girl." He chuckled petting her back, she let go with a smile on her, I couldn't help but smile as well. I turned my attention to the father, "Hello Mr. Evans, it's great to finally meet you."

He hugged me again, the whole family [except their cold son] were very big on hugs as one could tell. "It's great to meet you too dal, I see you're the woman who's won our cold son's heart." I chuckled and turned my head to a very bothered Killian.

"He's told us so much about you, Arya." The mother said, "is that so?" I questioned eyeing Killian, he looked down and ignored my gaze.

"Mrs Evans must I say you have such beautiful taste, you have to take me shopping on day." She blushed and slapped the air laughing.

"Aw sweetheart you're such a nice girl, feel free to call me Dee or Daphne." I smiled and nodded, "Of course, and Mr Evans it's great to meet the man who raised a loving guy like Killian here." I pulled my body into Killian's side, wrapping my hands around his huge forearm.

"Call me John love, I would love to take that compliment but Daph here is who made my boy to be the great man he is today." John said kissing Daphne's temple. Their love was adorable to watch.

"I'm not complaining but why are you guys here so early?" Killian said turning on the jag. "Your mom was excited to see you two." John chuckled tapping his son's back, Killian pulled an 'of course face'.

Daphne rolled her eyes at her two men, "can you blame me?" She said looking at me laughing. "Not one bit," she smiled and threw a hand on her waist. "I like her."

I laughed and started to pick up a bag, Daphne stopped me from picking it up, "let the boys do it." Killian and John took the three suitcases upstairs leaving me and Daphne alone in the kitchen, she strolled to the living room sitting by the 'L' shaped couch in the middle.

She took off her puffer jacket and placed it aside, "So show me the big ring."

Crap, Killian didn't give me one.

"I took it off after work when I was washing my hands." My lame attempt call for an excuse made her lift her eyebrow. Anxiety rushed through me, I hope she did not catch on so quickly.

"You're still in your office clothes hun, I hope he's not overworking you." I shook my head, "no not at all, I decided to stay back and help my love out."

She smiled approving of my reply. "He chose a great girl."

_____________
Vote, and comment - I love this story so far.
stay happy, and speak to any one of you need to 🤍
_____________