07.

Arya James

My tears weren't from sadness, I was angry with what happened and that I didn't say anything, although I appreciate Killian's efforts and the stranger from earlier. A part of me hated that I didn't defend myself rightfully so.

Either way, I had to let it go, and move on back to the meeting. I was surprised to see Killian so angry, he stood by me like a guard and fought for me, it was the bare minimum but it felt nice knowing he somewhat cared in that freezing heart of his.

I'm sure he would be confused what's taking so long now. I glanced at my reflection one more time, no signs of tears good. When I reached the meeting room Killian stood up and pulled my chair out, I smiled at him and looked at who was talking, as my eyes went to scan the room they met with the stranger in white.

He studied me intensely, looking deep into my eyes, he sent me a soft reassuring smile that it was okay to be hurt. I didn't know him but something about him made me comfortable, realising I had been staring back for too long I decided to break eye contact with him.

My cheeks heated up, blood flowing to them. The meeting ended with us wining the land to build the new market. Killian stood up and shook hands with everyone, they shook my hands as well and left the meeting room.

A unfamiliar voice spoke, addressing Killian. "So mate how have you been?" The stranger said walking to Killian's side, Killian looked annoyed, uneasy with the man in-front of him, I stood there packing up our documents watching the two.

"I was fine before I knew you were wrapped around all this." He scoffed placing his hands in his pockets, "oh don't be like that, sweetheart is he always this rude to you as well?" The guy said now looking in my direction. I straightened my posture and looked at Killian.

"No not at all." I said defending my supposed 'fiancé' even though we both new I was lying my ass off. Killian crossed his arms and looked up at his mate, "Lance what do you want? The meeting is done."

Lance held his chest faking to be hurt my Killian's words, I smiled attempting not to smile at the weird guy, "don't tell me you're still mad about what happened?" He said, Killian started to walk away but replied before hand.

"Given it was you out of everyone, I'm not just mad but despise you." Lance walked after Killian, both guys leaving me alone in the meeting room packing. The life of a secretary.

Everything important was now in my hands, carried like a baby. I followed soon after the two men to see them in the middle of the hallway hell about to break loose. Killian held Lance's hand that was raised, he had pushed Lance against the wall choking him.

"I'm just about tired of your shit Lance, fucking leave now!" He shouted, his voice much deeper than usual. I walked hurriedly over to them trying to loosen Killian's hard grip, "Not here not now." I whispered watching the ends of the corridor for any surprise guests.

"Arya go." He said in a stern voice, stubborn little old me refused, my hands cramped trying to rip his from Lance's neck, the guy although turning blue smirked. Smirked as if this was a joke, "she's gone deal with it, she played us both. Anyway you have her."

His gaze fell on me as he let the last word out, Killian turned his head and didn't break any emotion, just as quick as he turned his head to face me, he turned it back around to Lance. "Leave her out of this." He signalled to me by tilting his head, now I was confused on what was happening.

Finally Killian let Lance go, Lance held his neck in pain looking full of oneself, even given the events that had just unfolded. "You could hate me all you please, but blood is thicker than water cousin.". Lance said flattening his collar and walking off to the exit, "Oh and Miss James, pleasure meeting you." He winked at me and finally left.

I turned my body from Lance to talk to Killian but he was already walking down the other way, his body disappeared into the office.

What in the world had just happened today?

Killian was definitely pissed, he almost killed a man with no hesitation. Never in my two years of working for him had I ever seen him mad, well never since his last relationship. My nosy self felt dim-witted and the only person who could possibly understand this ordeal would be Kendal.

So rather than bothering Killian to explain what happened why not be a nosy person like the rest of the office and ask Kendal. The elevator door opened and I walked to Kendal. "Lunch?"

She nodded and ask one of our co-workers to watch her desk, "I have an odd question." Kendall looked at me eye brow raised, "what do you know about a Lance Lu?" Kendall's face changed from a look of confusion to intrigue.

"Lance Lu? Gosh he's the most handsome guy, a big Casanova and definitely a heavy pocket. If I'm not wrong he is first cousin's with boss and also boss's number 1 enemy." She opened the door to our indoor cafe.

"Also heard some shady shit about what he did to boss, why do you ask?" She questioned sitting down across from me. "He's just been mentioned around the office lately." I lied not wanting to expose what happened earlier, it would ruin Killian's reputation and as his personality assistant I couldn't bare that to happen.

"It's probably because his back from a supposed 'elop' with boss's ex-girlfriend." Oh that's 'her' from earlier.

"When did this happen?"

"Not long ago, you remember when you started?.." I nodded, "it was around then, he met her, they fucked, he fell for her tricks, she robbed him, he couldn't charge her because she technically used his card with his permission and he lost his once close relationship with Killian."

"But why would he risk all that?" I asked, if they were so close what could have possibly pulled them apart?

"She is a stunning girl, the type of blonde girl found in model magazines, also very good with manipulating men."

"And that's all it took for her to steal both their hearts?" Kendall nodded seeming unsurprised, "search her up, Gina Reids." she said calling the waiter over.

Gina, Gina Gina?

Holy shit the Gina Reid.

____________

i love writing the drama in this !

vote, comment, guys let me know how you feel about this 🤞🏾

- you're loved and amazing

____________