11.

Killian Evans

It's been a couple days since Arya started this relationship with me, everything had been going smoothly, we both kept or at least tried to keep things formal and casual. I don't know what it was but I was getting more drawn to her by the more time we spent together.

It didn't help the fact that we had to share a room, my eyes failed to look away from her whenever she would lay next to me, at times when she slept I would find myself woken up with my arm draped over her, she stopped placing the pillow between us but still kept her distance.

Today we were going to lunch and around the city with my parents. Arya sat by the vanity doing her makeup, she was starting to feel comfortable around the house. I watched as she put her makeup on, she did it so effortlessly with such ease somehow managing to blend everything.

She put something on her lashes and sprayed perfume on the crook of her neck before walking to the closet. I had nothing much to do except finding my watch and getting the car started, my outfit was quite simple. A pair of navy blue suit pants and a white shirt, it was fine until Arya walked out of the closet.

I felt underdressed compared to her, she wore a maxi brown dress and heeled flats, the dress was fitting to the body, failing to hide her curves, she was beautiful head to toe.

Come on Killian snap out of it! I cursed at myself in my head, as I was puting my shoes on Arya called out to me. "Am I overdressed, I think I am, maybe I should change?" She said looking at her reflection.

I laughed, "Arya you look fine, you are not overdressed," she looked at me from the reflection of the mirror, "are you sure?"

"More than definitely," she looked at herself again and let her hair down, today it very curly, making it seem shorter than usual. "Are those your natural curls?" I asked from the other end of the room, she smiled.

"Yeah, my grandmother is part Indian and Black, so I got her curly hair."

"It suits you nicely," she thanked me, "mind helping me with this?" She gestured to her necklace, I walked over to her and push her hair aside exposing her neck, making sure to clasp the necklace together.

She grabbed the ring off the vanity table and placed on her hand. We had gone a little more public with the relationship but not at work yet or on media, there was no point if we were to end this in a matter of five more months.

It was fine to tell those who asked, but we decided to keep it as that. So when people asked if we were together we would let them know, similarly to right now at the café. Women were whispering and asking her about her ring.

"We've been engaged for some months now, around 7," she lied to the waitress. My mother and father sat beside us smiling happy to be with us.

"We have news, rather a request actually." I looked at my mother, she seemed awfully happy like she was hiding something. "We are so happy to see you guys happily inlove, we wanted to ask if we could stay a few more months, and if it would be okay for me to help with the wedding?"

My smile dropped slightly, my mother noticed the change in mood within me, "Mom, I appreciated you trying to help but we've found someone already and you promised five months only."

"I know Key, but I just thought-."

"You should have spoken to me before hand rather than announce this all of a sudden mom." I kept my composure, her smile dropped and she apologised getting up from her seat. "Excuse me."

"Wait mom I didn't mean it like that." I tried to stop her, even my father grabbed her hand but she faked a smile and walked to the bathroom. Arya squeezed my hand and leaned near my neck. "I'll go talk to her." She stood up and left the table following behind my mother's steps.

____________

Arya James

Although a part of me understood Killian's side, it was obvious his words were a little bit harsh. Daphne was a sweet lady and seeing her upset clearly meant it would have been for a serious reason.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked knocking on the door to the occupied cubicle, I could hear her sniffling quietly, "I'm fine darling why don't you go eat?" She said.

"I'm not leaving you here crying to yourself Daph." I said sweetly, hoping she would come out the cubicle.

She did, holding a scrunched up ball of tissue in her hand, "What Killian said was a bit harsh, but I'm sure you get were he is coming from right?"

She nodded, smiling, "definitely, I just hoped he had a different answer."

"Could I ask, only if you feel comfortable to answer? Why you want to help out so much? She threw the tissue in the bin and washed her hands.

"Killian is not my first child, he had a sister but she fell sick and passed from cancer. As a mother I dreamt of planing my daughter's wedding and having you here made me wish I could have that experience you know?"

I felt like an asshole lying to her, she deserved the truth and for Killian to find real live from someone who he truly cares for. "You know what, wipe those tears away and I'll take to Killian." I said reaching out for a hug, she chuckled.

"You really are a blessing Arya, everything he said makes sense now."

"What did he say?" I asked still hugging her, " my old mind can't remember everything but.." She let go, and looked at me in the eyes.

"That boy is so appreciative of you, he always mentioned how good you were to him, and how beautiful you are." She said mocking him, knowing he has this already planned is interesting, it brought a smile to me that he realised how important I really was.

I didn't need his validation but a part of me felt full receiving it. Maybe this wasn't a smart thing to agree too, yes the money sounded great but am I really able to handle not feeling more attracted to Killian?

Five months and I'm done. Just have to hold on.

_____________
yeah sure...five months 🤭
vote, comment and please lemme know if there's any mistakes
______________

just gonna leave this here, If my character offends you due to her saying she is part Indian, it's a shame. I literally wrote her ethnic background based on someone I know who is like that, in no shape or form do I hate 4c hair (don't know where that came from) but please don't generalise me with other Authors who might, don't speculate that I hate darkskin women. I write black women of all ethnic backgrounds, if not all then most of my female leads are dark skin black girls. Thank you for reading but please don't trip over one character, 🙏🏾🤍.

With kind regards
- whitecoeur