09.

Arya James

"Thank you," Killian said to the waitress, she then placed my drink down soon after. "Are you sure you're not hungry?" He questioned as he grabbed his fork, I nodded reassuring him I was fine. He still didn't believe me, but nevertheless, he dug in.

He picked some food up and placed his hand under the fork. "Here try this." He said extending the fork closer to my mouth, my lips parted and I wrapped them around his fork. He watched me waiting for a reaction, no matter what food I ate, one thing I couldn't resist was to dance in pleasure.

Whilst sitting down I jumped a little enjoying the seasonings dance on my tongue, my eyes were closed but when I opened them Killian smiled, entertained by my reaction.

"That has to be the best risotto I've ever tasted." Killian nodded, "it's great isn't it."

"I have to thank you though, it was your suggestion to come here." He said taking another bite, "I do have great taste." I joked.

"We should bring your parents here, they need to go out," I suggested, Killian seemed fond of the idea, and he called the waiter over.

This time a guy came over and asked what the issue was, to my surprise Killian took my advice and scheduled lunch for Saturday afternoon for all of us.

It brought a simper to my face, when he had his sweet moments nothing else mattered. This is how I realised I am attracted to my boss. And who could blame me, his literally a hot greek god!

I'm sure I was staring, my drink was tightly held in my hands, with my mouth on the straw sipping all its juice. I was in a trance, and he was sitting there perfectly eating, whilst staring at his phone reading something. Emotions would come on and off on his face with each word he read.

I watched the way his lips and mouth moved, I could tell he knew how to- okay Arya snap out of it.

"I have the contract done by the way, did you want to sign it when we get back to the office?" I had forgotten we had not signed it yet, at least I could officially be paid more and I could finish my remaining student debts.

"That's perfect, I'll do it once you're done."

____________
Third Person Pov

Killian finished his lunch and paid the bill after Arya had made an effort to pay for her drink, she still had not learnt her lesson on trying to debate with Killian. The two stood up and left the cafe, as soon as they walked outside a cyclist riding his bike accidentally thumped Arya down, causing her to drop her phone.

The poor girl's phone shattered, leaving it just as broken glass. She cursed under her breath picking up the device, she analysed it to see if it could at least turn on but nothing happened. All her info would need to be transferred to a new phone, something she couldn't afford right now.

"Are you okay?" Killian lengthened his arm out, giving Arya his hand to grab on. Arya couldn't hide her annoyance, she looked pissed and rolled her eyes. "Just peachy." The sarcasm in her voice was so loud Killian could understand her anger.

"You need a new phone." He said, she looked at him and nodded sighing, "I'll get one after work today."

"That won't work, come let's go." He said opening the door for her as always Arya a tad confused sat down and watched as Killian effortlessly drove around the city, within a couple of minutes they reached Apple and went in. "We need to go back to work, I'll do this later."

Killian ignored her and walked to one of the workers. "Can I get the latest phone you have please in a..." He paused and looked at Arya, grabbing her now useless phone out her hands, he turned the broken device and gave it back to her.

"...the black color," He resumed, the worker nodded and walked around back before coming back with an Iphone 13 Box. Arya tugged on Killian's elbow, pulling his suit, he leaned down to her and asked her what was wrong. "I can't afford that." She confessed to him, he turned to her fully and looked at her in the eyes.

"You're not getting it, I am." She looked guilty, "no stop we aren't doing this, I can get a simple old iphone and work with it just at the newer one."

"No, you shouldn't downgrade, and it's inconvenient for you to have a broken phone all day." He was very persistent.

"But its too expensive," she said trying to convince him.

"It doesn't matter, you deserve the best." He said looking over her shoulder and walking over to the worker, "can you transfer her information to the new one?"

Killian said, now speaking to the worker, pretending like what he had just said to Arya did not matter. While he was composed she was getting more and more confused by the second.

Killian was becoming awfully nice to his assistant, it was out of the norm for him to be this willingly to go out of his way and do such a thing, maybe it was the fact he had to pretend to love her but it still didn't make sense to Arya, his parents were not everywhere watching.

Even so, he himself had told them about her before, meaning he had thought of her during his days away from work. She wanted answers but didn't want to make things weird by asking, it would jeopardise her work reputation, and the new relationship she was building with Killian.

Finally after 24 months he was starting to respect her more and being patient with her. No way was she going to risk losing this because of some exaggerated theories she had made up to keep her entertained.

Arya told herself to stop over thinking and to just swing with it, until she's gotten used to his nice side. "Is it working?" She turned around and fixed her face to seem like she wasn't dazed in her own thoughts.

Killian and the worker looked at her, "Yes, luckily it wasn't too damaged and I have started the transfering process, just a couple of more minutes and everything will be in the phone. You have a great husband."

Arya was about to deny the compliment until she noticed Killian looking up at her waiting for her response. She turned her head first with her eyes still on Killian, "he's the perfect man."

She wondered why he was so persistent about them being known as a couple, he was a very odd man.

____________
oml i love seeing y'all interact with this book, literally makes me the happiest 🫶🏾

vote, comment

-never stress about a 🥷🏾who doesn't make you feel like the only girl or guy in the world
____________