13.

ARYA JAMES

Days had passed since Killian reunited with his ex, and days since I spoke to him. He would ask questions like "are you okay" and all I did was nod and pretend to be doing something on my phone or laptop.

I could be overreacting, but honestly I was more than justified for my feelings on this. Killian stood there and let her shittalk me, I had to defend my own self from a girl who didn't even know me enough to insult me and not only that but he failed to recognise she was manipulating him.

We obviously are not anything serious but a part of me was hurt to know how little he cared, a part of me wants him to care. Half of me hates him, the one is falling for him. But yet again I have no clue what I'm falling for, he can be the kindest soul and the devil at once. Maybe he really was fit for Gina.

Even with the wedding coming up, I was tempted to not attend and lie about falling sick, I sat there reading the invitation note pen in my hand, should I reject?

Attend and go by myself?

Or push everything aside and go with Killian?

My head was starting to hurt, and I had no idea where my heart sat. Killian had gone out all day, I was at work waiting for his arrival but he left this morning around 10am about a meeting, and afternoon has reached and still has not shown up. It was strange because I knew his schedule, and he had no meetings planned.

He was probably with Gina. His not mine but gosh I'm more than pissed that he could be with her this very moment. If he's not at work why must I be? I only work for him anyways, so why not just had out.

I could go home but Daphne has been warring my patience slim from her talk about  our wedding, mostly with everything that has happened within the past few days. Just when Killian is starting to be relaxed and chill, he changes back to his old self by the step of a loui heel.

I dropped my pen down into the pen holder and closed the invitation leaving it by my desk. I needed fresh air.

I drove to the cafe within the city, it was beautiful with a great city view at the bottom. "Could I please get a table of one?"

"Sure let me check if we have a free one." The waitress smiled and clicked away on her tablet, her face went gloomy , "sorry but it's been taken for this exact time." She apologised looking guilty for me, I nodded and thanked her.

"She can join me." A voice said behind, I turned to follow the voice only to see Lance standing there with a small smile plastered on his handsome face. "You don't have to, but thank you." I said walking past him, but I was stopped by his hand on my wrist, it was warm and gentle.

"You look blue, let me help." He offered, extending his hand out towards the entry of the cafe. "Thank you," he smiled and nodded. "So tell me what's wrong?" He pulled my chair out allowing me to sit.

"It's no big deal." He tilted his head and pulled a face, "you're lying."

"You don't know me well enough to know if I'm lying or not." I said defending myself unintentionally, the whole Killian situation was frustrating me. "Then let me get to know you, starting with what's making you annoyed."

"Is if Killian?" He asked again noticing I wasn't answering to his questions, "I would rather not say, but has Killian always been so closed of?" I replied, evidently avoiding the question.

"No," he paused and sat more comfortably, "he was never like this honestly, he was kind and gentle but when he met Gina he grew cold, she would manipulate and gaslight him, causing him to be insecure and after we cheated, which I regret more than anything. Killian got more harsh, which is justified but he changed for the worst, he lost himself and I don't know how and when he will ever forgive me because like him I was a man stupidly inlove."

My hand reached out to his, gently squeezing it. "Don't hate yourself, hate your actions." He smiled at me words, my judgment was right about Lance, he wasn't a bad guy but I can't pretend like he didn't do something bad.

To redirect the conversation and enlighten it I turned to my attention to the subject of food, "We haven't ordered yet, let's eat!" I exclaimed, he smiled laughing and opening his menu.

My mind went to Killian, I truly hope he's okay and doesn't fall for her tricks again, maybe he had texted me. My phone light up in sync with my suspicion, "where are you I'm at the office?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, Lance noticed asking what's wrong. "Killian is wondering where I am," he also rolled his eyes, and drank his water. I left the phone on the table, and resumed talking to Lance.

Once we were done I drove back to work, as soon as my body walked through those doors Kendall looked worried for me. "Good luck" she whispered and looked back to her laptop.

Yeah I was definitely confused, what am I walking into?

I went into my office to put my phone on charge but the view I was greeted with was shocking. Killian sat there in my chair looking out the large window, "Mr Evans?"

He didn't look at me nor say a thing. "I called, and texted no reply." He finally broke the silence, "I was busy." I coldly replied.

"Busy with what? Because forgive me if I'm wrong but you work for me only, so what could have had you so busy?"

"I might work for you but I do have a life and we all need breaks, no?"

"Breaks tend to not take over an hour and a half."

"And meetings don't take four hours." I replied, he looked at me pissed. Fuck, should have kept my mouth closed.

He laughed looking right and me and walked over to me, I didn't budge thinking he would stop, but he kept coming and my legs started to back away. My back was now against the door of my office his hands on either side, and eyes watching me intensely.

"Arya were where you?" He said leaning closer to my neck. "At lunch, with Lance." I purposely said his name to piss him off. I could feel his breathe become heavier.

"And what compelled you to do that?" He said between gritted teeth, I looked to the side and he followed my face so we could see one another again.

"You realise that contract and ring carry my name with you? I don't own you but you're with me not him?"

"We are nothing serious Killian."

"And that's the problem," he paused and reached his hand to stroke my right cheek, "I want us to be."

"You say that put you were with Gina all day last week." I laughed in his face and took his hand off my cheek, his jaw clenched and eyes became smaller, judging my words.

"You think I stayed to get cosy with her? If you check your email you will see I put in a report on her, a restraining order on her so she won't bother us anymore. That 'long' meeting was a consultant with my lawyer." I finally looked him in the eyes, I felt guilty for accusing him.

"I didn't know." I confessed not daring to look him in the eyes again, he searched for mine and drew my head to his face by my chin.

His lips parted and in an almost whisper like manner he spoke. "Kiss me."

____________
hahahhaha i did this on purpose, 😭
vote n comment n have a great day mls🫶🏾
____________