04.

Arya James

Killian came back down with his father, they seemed to be talking about something, he looked over at me and his mother for a short moment but drew his attention back to his father. I excused myself from Daphne and walked over to the two men, "my love a quick word please."

Killian nodded and put his hand behind my back, leading me to the kitchen, John departed and joined his wife in the living room. "You forgot something," he looked at me confused, trying to recall his actions.

"The freaking ring, she was very questionable on why I didn't have it, I had to lie about washing my hands," I said faking a smile and whispering so that it would look like a normal conversation.

Killian squeezes his eyes closed in frustration, "I had it ordered for tomorrow, I was expecting them to come tomorrow that's why."

"It's fine, anyways we will leave the house early tomorrow so she won't see my hands and ask again." He put his hands on his waists, "okay, but are you comfortable is she relaxed?"

I was stunned a little by his concern. "I'm fine, she's so lovely." He smile and looked at them quickly, "she can be explosive but I love my mom." I smiled seeing this side of him.

"You are a great son," he looked entertained, "I try."

"Well keep it up," I assured, he nodded and became awkward again, from the corner of my eye I noticed their stare. I put my hand on Killian's cheek, he looked up at me confusing waiting for my next move. "Sorry boss," I said before placing my plump lips on his equally sized lips, he froze but his hand snaked its way around my waist pulling me in.

I was ready to break in up and was about to say something but his tongue slowly found its way into my mouth. He groan, and I moaned. The feeling was amazing but boundaries were being crossed, I knew better than this.

I pulled away and faked a smile, "Love you." I said kissing his cheek and walking back to my new 'in-laws'. "Young love." Daphne joked, I laughed and sat by them.

"Are you hungry? I can prepare something for you." They shook their heads no, "we actually are going to sleep, the jet lag has gotten to our old heads." John said smiling.

"Oh well, goodnight I hope you sleep well. Let us know if you need anything." I said standing up with them, then hugged me goodnight and walked off shouting goodnight to Killian who was standing against the wall watching us.

I turned to face him, only to see him facing me already. "So..." I said unsure of what to say, and he made it so hard, that the intensity of his stare terrified me. He didn't stop staring, "Arya," this was the first time he had ever said my name. "..A warning next time you do that."

"I'm sorry if I overstepped-"

"It's not that, don't tempt a deprived man with actions like that." He said standing straight, he walked over to me and leaned slightly down so his 6'3 frame could measure to my 5'9 frame.?

"You never know their desires. I'm going upstairs to shower." He left me stunned now, what did he mean? That man what strange, a walking question mark? He was so bloody confusing.

I washed the cups we had used and put the whisky away in the alcohol cabinet, I had seen Killian pull it out off.

I turned off the lights and went into the bedroom, uncomfortable with the office clothes I changed into my shorts and blouse for nightwear and hit the pillow after putting a couple of extra pillows between my side and Killian's.

Maybe he would feel uncomfortable with us being so close, I've already overstepped as much as it is tonight. I don't want him being uncomfortable around me again.
____________

Killian Evans

My mind kept tracing back to tonight, Arya had made a great impression, maybe too much of a great impression. Ending this would ruin my mother and father.

Her kissing me, exploded butterflies into my stomach, something I never thought I would feel nor experience. It has been a year since I was last touched, and sexual contact with a woman was a hunger I needed to suppress. But no matter my needs, I had to respect Arya.

I've put her in a game of two truths and a lie, a game in which I'm aware can ruin us as co-workers with one slip up. And I have too much respect to control my pride. This pride I gained from hard work, the same pride everyone in that building judges me for.

"Mr Stone Cold, arrogant bastard etc." But if it means that's how I should be addressed from being proud so be it.

The warm water had relaxed my tense muscles, I exited the shower and dried my body, putting on my boxers. When I left the bathroom, straight ahead laid Arya asleep, she looked peaceful and beautiful.

Her puppy slept on the floor next to her, also a lot cuter sleeping. She had placed two pillows in between my side and hers, boundaries.

I smoothly jumped into the bed and draped my arm over the pillows, accidentally touching Arya, she shifted in her sleep and lowered the blanket off her, exposing her chest. Her blouse was slightly unbuttoned so I pulled the blanket over her more.

She was quite stunning honestly, I wonder why I had never noticed the small freckle by her button nose, it was adorable on her. Her deep tan skin was beautiful and smooth. Truly she was beautiful, I noticed her essence the day she started her new job.

My previous personal secretary had interviewed Arya, one thing I regretted was that I never got to meet her officially, or ask her who she was. Truly talk to her, to this day I am still yet to have a genuine conversation without work involved.

But I can't stress myself about the past, on what I haven't done, rather look at what I should do. One day I will tell her, how I feel, how I see her. No fake love involved, just us no boundaries. Only if she lets me.

If she trusts me and leaves other people's views on me away from her own judgement.

____________
not them both putting the pillow to make each other comfortable. 😫
vote and comment - stay safe and healthy 🤞🏾
____________