05.

Arya James

I woke up feeling misplaced, my hand searched the the bed I was on, feeling the silk sheets and thick duvet. I turned still with my eyes closed, only to land my hand on something warm and hard, I opened them to see my hand laid on top of Killian's chest.

He was still asleep, breathing quietly, his chest raised up and down in a rhythmic beat, I admired him for a little. The way his eyelashes fluttered softly was beautiful, he still seemed stressed, eyebrows almost touching, like he was having a nightmare.

Maybe he can feel my hand on his chest.

I drew my hand back and cautiously left the bed, making sure not to shake or make any noise. His parents are still here and it's almost 8am.

My mind was settled, I would quickly make breakfast and take a shower right after, then go to work with Killian. I grabbed my coat and walked downstairs, as expected no one was awake yet.

Making breakfast in a new home was exciting but confusing, I spent the majority of my time allocating where each pot, pan and plate was but nevertheless, I made a simple English breakfast. By the time I was done, whilst I brewed the tea Daphne met me in the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetie, oh that smells marvellous." She said walking over, mouth drooling from the sight of the food on the counter. I thought you might want something homely to eat, she smiled and hugged me.

"You eat, I'm going to get ready for work," I side-hugged her goodbye and left. This whole 'fake finace' o'deal was almost more work than Killian's usual assignments for me. At least I was getting triple my pay.

When I walked into the room Killian wasn't anywhere to be seen, the walk-in closet was slightly ajar. He probably is somewhere else, my time is running slow.

I undressed and poorly wrapped my robe around my buxom body, when the door opened, I was hit with fog filling the entire bathroom. I could barely see, maybe Killian had taken a shower already, there wasn't any sound to determine if someone was in here or not.

But that's where I was mistaken, my robe fell down my legs and I was naked. I walked to what seemed like the shower and opened it. My hand weren't to turn turn on the shower tap but someone cursed.

"What the fuck, who's there?" I know that voice, Killian?

How could I be soo stupid to walk into a foggy room and expert an empty space. "Oh my gosh close your eyes, I'm so sorry." I said throwing my arm over my breast in an attempt to cover them. Killian had soap on his face so he brushed it off, he opened his eyes and eyed my naked body.

In an instant freak out I slapped him to turn his head.

Did it work? Yes of course.
Had I just assaulted my boss in his own house? Fucking yes!

How could I jeopardise our professional relationship like this? I ran out the shower almost falling and threw my robe back on. My body slid down the closet door in agony. This was the most embarrassing moment of my life. I would I face him today, how would he see me?

Some weird perverted girl who walked in on him while showering. Great job Arya, way to get yourself fired.

I dressed in my tights and an oversized white shirt, I ran downstairs to John and Daphne, they smiled and invited me to eat with them. I took a seat on the other end of the table, putting the food I had prepared on to a plate.

I stuffed my food into my mouth stressing, John must have noticed this because his next statement made me lower my fork. "Relax now, you will choke eat slowly." He joked, I smiled and drank my coffee. Killian showed up in his suit and looked at me as he fixed his watch, "Morning." He said looking at his parents.

They greeted him back, his eyes didn't leave mine. The way his eyes were heavy in emotion, almost a dark aura in them, looking into them sent shivers down my spine.

I looked at him with wide eyes and choked on my food because of his next statement. "Arya, you can now take your shower." He played it off like nothing had happened but I knew what he meant by his statement.

Daphne petted my back and handed me a glass of water. "John you were right." I laughed to lighten the mood. I finished eating, with Killian looking at me from the other end, was he mad?

I couldn't bare with the tension anymore, "excuse me." I said standing up hastily and rushing to the second floor, I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I stripped out of my clothes and stood in front of the mirror analysing my reflection.

I had a curvaceous physique, nothing crazy or excessive but enough to draw the attention of men, any other guy except Killian. The only woman who had ever caught his attention was his ex-girlfriend. He had broken up with her a month after I started she had cheated on him.

She was much different from me, blond, stunning, slim and lean. Whilst I was deeply tanned, a fraction bigger than she was. I'm not large, or slim thick but had some meat to me, and that would make sense way he looked at me in disbelief.

Men didn't like women like me, not for the long term at least. But I was a dime to look at in my opinion. If Killian had a problem with that then so be it, we are only fake dating there was no need for me to search for his validation.

___________

My shower was caught short by Killian's voice. "I'm heading to work, your car has been transported here, your keys are by your night stand."

I didn't reply but let him walk away, I heard his footsteps get more distant and finished my shower, leaving the bathroom and getting ready. When I walked to my side of the bed I noticed a box, a small black velvet box, I opened it to see a huge diamond ring in the middle carefully covered by a cushion.

This was definitely a real ring, with a real gold band. I was sure of it.