28.

"In sickness and in health."
_____
• KILLIAN EVANS •

There is no other perfect time, it's now or never. We had just finished the main course of the diner and now enjoying dessert. I took Arya's hand in mine, a gentle squeeze. She looked away from the sky and met my eyes.

"Arya, I truly love you. And I know our relationship started with a negotiation, but now all of this means something more dear to me than a contract..." I got off my chair and kneeled infront of her on one knee, the other supporting my arm.

"...No matter the obstacles I know at the end you stand there with a smile waiting for me, cheering I finish. So I ask you to stay with me, to let me love you like no other and to start a better contract, a contract of marriage and love..."

I took off her old ring.

"...Will you do me the honour of marrying me Arya Rose James?" I propped open the velvet box, displaying a beautiful large red rose ring.

She cried, for the first time, I saw her cry tears of joy. She nodded like it was the moment of her life she had won a million dollars. She got up and I did along with her, my sweet girl leaped into my arms and kissed me.

I might no longer be sane but I swear fire works went by, gosh how lucky am I to be here right now.

Clapping could be heard from beyond the glass door that joined the inside of the restaurant and the balcony. "I love you like no other Killian Xavier Evans!" She beamed with joy.

My girl, finally.

I broke apart the hug with a kiss and sat down, finishing our dessert. We finished the night with nothing but happiness, and both of us felt quite joyful, lucky even. It was with no doubt that we wanted this.

After paying the bill, we left the restaurant and decided to let the night live long, until it was around nine all we had done was walk along the beach. I observed as the shining stars reflected off the dark water.

"I never thought I would be proposed to, or yet even loved." Arya said walking closer to me, my eyes darted to her in shock. "I can't believe you're saying that, I thought I had everything until I met you, so if any man can't realise how much of a blessing you are. They are utterly stupid."

"Or maybe not."

"This is no maybe with you Arya, just a perfect yes." She smiled and kissed my hand.

We continued to walk along the sandy beach, Arya's speed decreased, and her arm interlocked with mine became weight on my own.

It was when she fell, I realised she was faint. I caught her before she hit her head, of course the ground was soft but I couldn't risk her having a concussion.

"Arya baby, wake up." I shook her lightly, tapping her cheeks to get her to wake up but she didn't respond. "Fuck okay..." I got up with her in my arms, bridal style.

Her eyes were softly closed, eyebrows frowned. I ran with her in my arms to the car, eyes were on me. I'm sure they think I've kidnapped her.

The drive felt too long, my mind was racing, and I felt guilty for her being in this state. Even as I reached the hospital, I couldn't help but feel tears rush to my eyes.

"Can someone help please, she-she just passed out!" A couple of bystander paramedics came rushing to our aid, they took Arya out of my hands and placed her on a stretcher bed.

They took her to a ward, and gently laid her in the bed. My leg shook uncontrollably, my anxiety worsening by each minute.

My anxiety had relaxed slightly, not as bad as it once was, but right now it felt just as bad as before. I just wanted my girl to be okay.

I waited and waited, until she started to flutter her eyes open, as she did I called the nurse, my hand never leaving Arya's. She shifted in her sleep, "what happened?" Her voice was weak, as quiet as can be.

"Shush, don't worry we are going to find out why you've been so weak." I kissed her forehead, pleased she was okay, maybe I was being dramatic but I couldn't bare seeing her in any state of hurt or sickness.

The doctor and nurse walked into the room, they put on a smile. "I have good news, we couldn't find anything serious but I have to ask if you've been eating well? Your body is lacking a lot of nutrients."

Arya sat up and held my hand. "I have, but I've also been throwing up continuously."

"We suspected it could be something else, do you mind doing a pregnancy test? Chances of you being pregnant are more than likely."

I could feel her hand tense against me. Like she was slowly crushing my hand. "That can't be, I have an IUD."

"There's never a hundred percent chance you won't get pregnant, if you do not want to that's okay, I'll give you two some privacy to discuss this." The doctor left along with the nurse.

___
• ARYA JAMES •

Once we were left alone, I turned my head to Killian, I'm sure he was able to read the worry that was on my face.

My hands dug into his, "Killian isn't it too soon?" I didn't want to bother him with marriage and starting a family. And I was scared I wouldn't be a great mother, my mind was raising with so many thoughts.

"This isn't my decision, it's yours. Look I will support you no matter what you choose, of course I've dreamt of having a family but I won't force you to start one without you approving." He tugged a curl behind my ear.

"I'll do the test, and if it's possibly positive..." I took a deep breath, it felt as if something was blocking my throat. Fear?

"...I want to keep it, if you want too as well?" He kissed the back of my hand. "I want what you want, and whatever you decide I'm fine with that. It's also my responsibility, you're my partner Arya."

"But I don't want you to be tied to me on every decision."

"When I fell in love, I had already made the decision to tie myself to you and everything about you." In that moment and time I realised that there was nothing to be scared off, we could do this.

With no doubt, no fear or hesitation I called the doctor. "I'm ready."

___________________
um yh so like, second book is literally gonna be published this week! oh anddd thank you for everything, i love y'all! 🫶🏾😭

@whitecoeur