𝟎𝟎𝟏

◤CHAPTER ONE◥( bathroom trances )

CHAPTER ONE
( bathroom trances )

THE OLDEST HENDERSON sister was rushing around her house early that morning, it was the last day of school before spring break began. She had a Pep rally at 7am and she needed to be there super early to go over the cheer routine one more time before she and girls head out onto the gym floors and shake their pompoms. Though Della looked the part for a cheerleader, she was certainly not anything like a typical one. She wasn't a bitch, she wasn't popular, and she really wasn't even that loud.

Unless she was cheering, that is.

To be honest, she was on the cheer squad because of one person, her best friend since kindergarten, Chrissy Cunningham. She still remembered the day that Chrissy convinced her to join the team so they would always be together, they spent the summer working on cheer routines and she helped her raise her voice so she would be loud enough. And then once cheerleading tryouts started as their freshman year began, the two girls did their best.

Of course Chrissy got it.

She wasn't surprised by that at all, but what did surprise her was the fact that she ended on up the cheerleading squad too. Considering, she had zero confidence on getting on the team at all. But once she got the spot she promised Chrissy one thing, that she would always try to be the best cheerleader that she could be.

And she kept that promise, the proof being the fact that in junior year Chrissy became cheerleading captain and the team voted for Della to be co-captain because of her empathy and commitment to the team. And from then on, the two best friends were attached at the hip and always making sure their team was doing, looking, and feeling their absolute best.

"Dustin!" She screamed at her brother, "Come on, we have to go!"

"Sweetheart." Her mother said gently, stroking the fur of their cat in her chair. "You don't have to yell."

"Yes, I do! I cannot be late!" With a huff she stomped to her brother's room and banged on his door, "Dustin, what the hell are you doing?"

"Don't come in, I'm naked!" Her brother shouted, making her face twist into a look of disgust.