𝟎𝟎𝟔

◤CHAPTER SIX◥( brainstorming phase )

CHAPTER SIX
( brainstorming phase )

DELANEY WAS SOUND asleep in the metal shack at Reefer Rick's place, the other night after she and Eddie finished their talk, he helped her make a makeshift blanket and pillow out of the tarps and life preservers stored around them. It wasn't the best sleep that she's ever had, but she had no right to complain when she didn't actually have to stay there and Eddie did.

At some point in her sleep the next day, she began to feel herself being shaken awake. She groaned in retaliation as she pushed her face into the life preserver, not wanting to be woken from her much needed slumber. "Nnngh."

"Della." Eddie's voice said anxiously, "Della, wake up. Someone's coming."

She began to stir as she blinked slowly, then she realized where she was and what he said, she quickly shot up from the ground taking his hand that he offered her. Then he placed her behind him as he clutched the broken beer bottle from the other night in his grip.

With no warning at all the door to shack swung open, "Jesus Christ!" Eddie exclaimed, and for a mere second Della panicked, but then she heard her brother's voice.

"Delivery service!" Dustin said in a cheery tone, one that made her come out of hiding from behind Eddie. As she stood beside him she noticed the others were alongside him, smiling as they greeted the both of them.

"I got your favorites, Dells." Robin grinned happily as she held up a box of Kellog's poptarts.

Della rubbed her eye with her fist, a yawn escaping her lips. "Hand it over."

She and Eddie were sitting inside of the boat while the others sat and stood around them, she was eating her strawberry poptart while Eddie was stuffing his face with handfuls of Honeycomb cereal they got for him. "So we've got good news and bad news," Dustin told Eddie, "How do you prefer it?"