𝟎𝟐𝟏

◤CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE◥( the beginning of the end )

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
( the beginning of the end )

THE NEXT DAY Della was told that she could be officially released from the hospital, her ankle was placed in a boot and she was given crutches to walk on for the next 6 to 8 weeks. After taking a much needed sitting down shower and changing into some clothes that her mom brought her, she grabbed her crutches and was leaving the dull hospital room behind. Her mom had to head back to the diner but she insisted that she needn't worry about her because she had a ride.

That ride being Steve Harrington, with Robin Buckley and her little brother having come along.

The plan was to head to the Wheelers, just to see how Nancy was doing and help her pack a few items that she wanted to give away to help with the shelter, it was just a means of comfort so she wouldn't be alone. Because really, none of them could bare the thought of being alone after all they've been through. Right after Steve was gonna drop her off at his house to see Eddie while himself, Dustin and Robin went to the school.

Ever since the "earthquake" Hawkins High had been offering the school's gymnasium as a shelter for those with damaged homes and no places to go. She had wanted to go and help but her mother had insisted that she not walk on her crutches as much, she wanted her to get as much rest as she possibly could, so she told her brother to help as many people as he can in her absence and he agreed with a sharp and confident nod.

While the others were moving around and pulling out box after box full of stuffed bears, blankets and shoes Della was leaned back against the open trunk of Steve's BMW, her crutches propped next to her as she watched with her arms folded over her chest, wishing she could offer some assistance.

"Drop that frown, Dell." Robin spoke with a small smile, nudging her as she stood there. "We know you would be helping if you could."

"I know." She let's out a sigh, "I just feel so bad. I can't help with anything for the next 6 to 8 weeks."

"Well, let's hope nothing happens in that time frame." Robin teased.