𝟎𝟏𝟎

◤CHAPTER TEN◥( sharing life stories )

CHAPTER TEN
( sharing life stories )

THE NEXT DAY Della woke up feeling groggy, she was sleeping on the floor in the Wheeler's basement, wrapped in a blanket next to Robin who was sound asleep. It was a... rough night, for all of them. But especially Max. Since Dustin had no time to explain what happened over the supercomm the other day, they had no idea about pretty much anything that happened after she told him to get her music.

After they arrived at the home and ran down the basement stairs, they found Max sitting on the couch being held by Lucas with Dustin and Steve sitting close by. When the redhaired girl who Nancy, Robin and Della all saw as a little sister saw them, her blue eyes began to water and she was rushing from the couch and running into their open arms. Apparently Vecna had gotten to her, which Della assumed happened, and Max said that she did float.

But she also said... the music helped.

She said that it gave her a clear look of everything that was happening outside of her head, like some sort of window showing her Dustin, Lucas and Steve yelling for her to come back as they looked up at her body that was just hanging in the air. She said the music gave her the strength to fight Vecna's hold, and that she just... ran. She ran as fast as she could, dodging every obstacle he gave her, and eventually, she woke up and was back to reality.

After finding that out, Della was relieved, of course. But she couldn't ignore the tiny part of her that kept reminding her about Chrissy. If she knew music was the key, she could've played her favorite song, somehow. It wouldn't have been a hassle, considering Chrissy's favorite song was one that they would dance to together all the time.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper.

At one point that night while everyone was occupying themselves, she left the basement and walked up the stairs. Then she walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind her, she dropped to the rug on the bathroom floor and cushioned her head on her knees as she held her legs tight.

Sobs bubbled from her lips as she thought about Chrissy, how she could've saved her from her horrible fate if she just played her favorite song. She hated how unfair it all was, Chrissy was such a ball of light, and she had such a bright future infront of her.