𝟎𝟏𝟑

◤CHAPTER THIRTEEN◥( lovers lake gate )

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
( lovers lake gate )

AFTER A VERY long wait, Della and Eddie got restless from sitting under the rock, so they both ended up climbing on the medium sized rocks around the huge one. As she was sitting on the rock that Eddie was standing on, she started to hear voices nearby, familiar ones actually.

Her brother and Steve, seemingly bickering, per usual. Sometimes she swore that she and Dustin were secretly related to him somehow, cause they both bickered with the Harrington boy like he was their older brother or some shit.

As Steve pushed through the leaves Eddie placed his finger to his lips, she nodded wordlessly and sat there with her legs pulled to her chest, watching as Steve and Dustin walked towards the huge rock stepping on leaves and twigs beneath their sneakers.

"In your face, man." Steve gloated, "In your stupid, cocky little face."

"Doesn't make sense." Dustin replied, seemingly confused as he looks down at the compass in his hand.

"Yeah, yeah." Steve murmured carelessly, "Even with it staring you right in the face, you can't admit it." His shoulders lift in a shrug, he places his hands on his hips. "You just can't admit you're wrong, you butthead."

Della watched as Eddie jumped down, landing on his feet with a thump, "I concur." He says as Dustin and Steve turn around to face him, "You, Dustin Henderson, are a... total butthead."

Dustin beams when he sees Della sitting on the rock, "Eddie! Delly!" He rushed over to Eddie and they both joined in a hug that made Della's heart fill with warmth. "Jesus, we thought you were a goner."

"Yeah, me too, man." Eddie pats her brother's back firmly. "Me too." They both pull apart, "But your badass sister here was a big help." He says, holding out his hand for her to grab as he helps her down the rock. She drops to her feet and Dustin throws his arms around her, she holds him close. "Apparently she's really good with a blade and was prepared to cut Jason to defend my honor."