𝟎𝟏𝟕

◤CHAPTER SEVENTEEN◥( calm before the storm )

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
( calm before the storm )

THE ENTIRE DRIVE Della really wished she had her typewriter, it had been so long since she felt the metallic keys being pushed down underneath her fingers. But since she couldn't write anything she settled for reading her comics instead. After reading through a couple of the colorful book pages, and a game of Uno with Eddie and her brother Dustin, they finally made it to their chosen destination.

As they pulled up The Warzone, she saw through the window just how packed it was there. It gave her a nervous feeling in her stomach but she pushed it down as Steve found a good and hidden place to park the caravan.

"Okay, we gotta be in and out." Steve instructed the group, "We can't be here for long or else people will get suspicious, got it?" Nobody disagrees and multiple heads nod, and a few voices murmur in agreement. "All right. Let's do this. Get whatever you think we'll need, I'll pay for all of it." Steve glanced at her, "Della, close all the curtains."

Della nodded, quickly getting up and traveling around the van, shutting all the windows curtains as they all began to crowd through the door of the van, leaving herself, Dustin, Lucas and Eddie inside. Her brother didn't wanna go, Lucas was worried he'd run into Jason and his meathead friends, and Eddie, obviously needed to stay hidden.

"Don't do anything stupid, and make sure that Eddie isn't seen by anyone, you got it?" Della told the two boys, raising her brows at them.

"No one will see him." Dustin replied.

"We promise." Lucas nodded.

Della nods curtly at them, then she gives Eddie a knowing look which he returns with a wink, with haste and the tips of her ears burning she leaves the van, closing the door shut behind her. She runs to catch up with the others, and they walk into the doors of The War Zone together.

The atmosphere is enough to make all of them very uncomfortable, the only person in the group who probably feels a little less on edge is most likely Nancy. What with her being an expert with firearms since she picked one up for the very first time, according to Jonathan that is.