𝟎𝟏𝟖

◤CHAPTER EIGHTEEN◥( initiating phase three )

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
( initiating phase three )

THE TENSION IN the caravan was thick, the party were all crammed in the back and it was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Majority of them were dressed like they were going to war, which in a weird way they definitely were. Robin, Steve, and Nancy were clothed in camo and heavy boots. And Della, Eddie, and Dustin were wearing protective vest and bandanas.

And Max, Lucas, and Erica didn't need to get dressed, because what they were doing really didn't call for any extra protection, unlike the others.

Della was sitting in the booth with her brother, his head was leant on her shoulder as her arm was wrapped around him. And across from them was Eddie, his hand was outstretched on the table and their fingers were laced, it was a means of comfort for the both of them as they mentally prepared themselves for the battle ahead.

It was long drive from the field, but they arrived infront of Creel House and Steve eased off of the gas, coming to a complete stop. Lucas, Max, and Erica stood up, and so did the others in the caravan. They all crowded into one group huddle, wishing the three of them luck and giving them all the support they needed before going in.

Then shortly, they were walking down the steps of the van and Max was standing next to the door, Della was standing at the top stair, offering the ginger girl the smallest of smiles. "You'll be okay, Max."

She nodded wordlessly at the Henderson girl's words, then she closed the door as Della made her way back to the booth, wrapping her arm back around her brother as Steve pressed on the gas and the caravan pulled off.

The drive from Creel House to the trailer park wasn't as long as it was coming from the field they spent the afternoon in, but atleast then she had some time to really let the situation at hand sync in. But now, they were here, it was all happening. There was no turning back now. Steve pulled the wires of the car apart, shutting off the engines of the caravan.

They all grouped together, and Nancy took it upon herself to be the first person to speak. "I wanna run through it one more time." She faced to them, having had her back turned before. "Phase one."