𝟎𝟎𝟓

◤CHAPTER FIVE◥( a lost boy )

CHAPTER FIVE
( a lost boy )

AFTER FINDING OUT the name of the thing that killed Chrissy in the gruesomest of ways, the Hawkins gang were getting ready to head out of Reefer Rick's place. But before they did, they all chipped in and made sure that Eddie would have enough food and water to keep him going. She even left a few of her books with him, just incase he got bored.

As she was leaving the shed behind with the others and making her way to her truck, she couldn't help but notice the feeling that was swirling inside of her gut.

There was something in her that was telling her to stay.

"Hey, Delly." Her brother called out to her, seemingly confused as he noticed her stop walking behind them. "Aren't you coming?"

Della pursed her lips, shaking her head. "No, I uh, I think I'm gonna stay." The others halted in their steps and looked back at her. "He needs someone, guys. And I was there with him that night. I'm the only person who understands how he feels and what he saw. It should be me."

Her little brother crossed over to her, then he threw his arms around her making her sigh softly as she holds him close. "You're right, Delly. He does need someone. And I'm glad that it's you."

She kissed her brother's temple and pulled away, holding onto his shoulders. "Cover for me at home tonight, all right?"

Dustin noded, "You got it."

"Okay." She takes off his hat and ruffles his chestnut curls, "You be safe, kid."

"I will." Dustin snatched his hat back and walked off with the others, which left Della to turn back and look at the metal shed where Eddie was hiding out inside.

She walked towards the shack and opened the door slowly, then she poked her head inside and saw the boy looking at her with his brows furrowed from where he stood.