16

Taehyung sat quietly on the roof deck, watching as the sunset hit the overlooking city beautifully, embracing the whole surroundings warmly. Jungkook's case was a tough one to swallow.

There are many layers to unravel, one dead end after the other. It felt like they were going in circles, and when it wasn't, it felt like the whole case was going on a plateau, and Jungkook isn't much help either. The guy wouldn't speak up on his company's anomalies, but instead, he had a lot of witty remarks that, even if Taehyung hated to admit it, were funny.

He watched as the smoke from his stick danced, flicking it before taking another hit. This case, though admittedly it was something else, was sad, to say the least.

He remembers how Jungkook's eyes no longer had a spark of hope in it, almost as if he had taken his bad fate already and he hated it. God, Taehyung hates it when his clients stop believing in themselves. He could see why, but for sure there was something else behind as to why he would just give up on his freedom like that.

Visits to Jungkook were like an advent calendar of what the guy's about to do next just because he simply didn't want to cooperate with them. On their second visit, he surprised all three lawyers with a new tattoo inked across his skin, which seemed very unbecoming of a professional like him.

The visit after that was a grand reveal to the piercings on his face that shocked the three of them, but props to him, better give credit to where its due, he pulled off his new style pretty well if Taehyung were, to be honest.

"It's giving us 2020 Spring/Summer jail vibes," Jimin comments as soon as Jungkook stepped in. "Yes king, give us everything but proper answers."

"Thanks, my team of inmate stylists worked hard to come up with this look," Jungkook gave him a sarcastic smile.

"See my new earring? Yeah, this one, it means freedom," Atty. Choi and Jimin moved closer to have a better look when he showed his left ear, "Freedom I'll never get ha!"

Taehyung sighed at what seemed like another wasted day of getting nothing out of him.

He massaged his temples while shutting his eyes to relieve his headache, and Jimin bantering with him isn't of any help. The more Jimin makes sarcastic jokes, the more Jungkook comes up with better ones. The whole ordeal is beating the purpose of acquitting him, and quite frankly, Jungkook doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Secretly, he hoped he'd find you sitting amongst the benches in the courtroom while Jungkook's trial was on but never caught a glimpse of you, so he stopped thinking about it.

Instead, he focuses all that energy that's left of him on solving the case with the other lawyers on the team. He could chuckle when he remembers how Yoongi once said they were the best on the roster because being the best meant having it all figured out, and the four of them have figured out none.

Working on the Jeon vs. Han case felt like a losing battle. By some miracle – also known as Min Yoongi – all their efforts, literal blood, and sweat bore success.

The day the judge had ruled Jungkook not guilty against all the charges Han Dong-Il pushed against him, Taehyung's body had never felt any lighter.

To: atty.kth@kimandminlaw.com, etc.
cc: atty.knj@kimandminlaw.com 

Good day, team. I hope this email finds you well. I would like to extend my warmest congratulations on winning Mr. Jeon Jungkook's case. Let us move forward with positivity and stand by the truth as always. 

Drinks on me,
Atty. Min Yoongi
Kim & Min Law

Then the thought of you popped up in his head again: Why, out of all the people that had to be you acquainted with, it had to be Jeon Jungkook?