Chapter 1- Intro to the Dramatics

This is the only chapter in 3rd persons point of view! The others are in 1st person, so don't let the first chapter totally change your mind. I repeat: This is the ONLY chapter in 3rd persons point of view. The rest are in the main characters Point of views! :)

*

Chapter 1

Intro to the Dramatics

Narrator's Point of View

*

August 19th, 2011

6:30am

Lucas Walters woke to sunlight streaming through his windows and birds chirping in the early morning. Today was going to be a good morning, he thought. It's the first day of school and he is now a junior and tomorrow is his 17th birthday. Why is he excited about turning 17? Getting his mate of course! Oh ya did I mention Lucas is a werewolf? Well he is, and so is his family and friends. Actually most of the town is werewolf. But back to the mate thing. Basically when a male werewolf turns 17 they find their mate, the one person they are destined for. He is sure his girlfriend of two years, Carrie, is his mate. She is also a werewolf like most people in town. The Walters family is the Alpha family of the pack. Luckily Lucas's best friends, Nate and Percy Landers, were the Betas of the pack though Nate more so than Percy. Their pack was called the 'Rain Pack' because back in the beginning of the packs existence, everyday it would rain wherever the pack would move so they decided to name it the 'Rain Pack'.

He got up, got dressed and walked down the stairs of his two story house, to the kitchen. As he got there he saw his older brother by one year, Alex. They said their 'morning's to each other and went back to their own business. They might be brothers but they had nothing in common. Lucas had short blonde curly hair, pale blue eyes, outgoing and popular and a love of sports that he had acquired from his mother, who was also a sports nut. While Alex was more like his father, medium long black hair, green eyes, very reserved, but a rebel all the same.

Lucas was too excited to eat so he just grabbed a granola bar, his backpack and headed out the door saying 'bye' to his brother only because his parents were out dealing with pack things.

He jumped in his car, a blue Chevrolet truck, and sped off to Percy and Nate's place then they would all head over to Carrie's.

After five minutes, he was already at their house and honked his horn 3 times, the signal that he was there.

Lucas waited and waited. Looking at the clock it said, 6:57. Damn, I hope they hurry up, Lucas thought to himself. He perked up when he heard the door open and close. He looked out the window and saw who was coming.

Suddenly his perkiness ended when he saw the one person he didn't want to see.

The person was Teagan Landers, the devil herself, Lucas thought. She was the sister of Nate and Percy. They were all triplets but they did not look like it. She had long black hair with pink ends at the bottom and brown eyes. She had caramel skin that looked like she tanned a good amount, an athletic body that you knew she took care of as well as a face full of soft and small features with a few piercings he had just noticed for some reason. I was all a great combo, in Lucas's point of view but he knew the real her. You could some what call her a busy body when it came to men and you could definitely call her a player. She dated or hooked up with them, whatever floats your boat, almost all the juniors from last year. Since they were triplets, she was the same age as her brothers. Lucas and her are enemies for multiple reasons. One, being that he believes that people should wait until they find there mate before they have sex. Two, Teagan and Carrie used to be best friends but then, according to Carrie, Teagan slept with Carrie's first boyfriend, before Lucas.