Chapter 23- The Truth?

READ: Ok I know ALL of you were confused about the last chapter and the 'Kiss'. I will say this to make it less confusing. Luke does not have a twin. Luke is short for Lucas and that is who I described.

*

Chapter 23

The Truth?

Teagan

*

I woke up to darkness. I tried to sit up but someone pushed me back down. "Hey, slow down." He chuckled & pushed me, gently, back down. That voice...I know that voice. But what would he be doing here? Why am I even here?

Then it all came back to me. The cheerleaders, Carrie, and...the kiss...

"Hey, hey. Don't cry.." He comforted me. I didn't realize was crying until the salty tears were tickling my cheeks. I shook him off and wiped away the tears. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I saw that I was in my room. How? I didn't want to ask.

"Alex? What are you doing here?" I croaked, my throat dry from lack of water. Alex handed me a glass of water. After a few gulps, I felt refreshed. So I asked him again.

"What are you doing here, Alex?" I didn't mean for it to sound so snappy but I just fainted, realized that I probably was never Luke's mate.

 Alex rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well..Umm...About earlier-" He started but was interrupted by Lucas coming through the door, turning on the light making my eyes hurt from the sudden light. Lucas had a look on his face that I couldn't describe, but then he spotted Alex. Luke narrowed his eyes at his brother. Make me snort in annoyance. Is he seriously pulling the jealous mat- Uh person act? Not mate....

"Hey..Teagan...Can I talk to you?" Luke asked me, a glint of hope in his eye. But I really didn't care. Everything in my life was falling apart and what he did was just icing on the cake.

"No." Was all I said. "But Teagan..."

"I said no."

"Teag--" He started, but I cut him off.

"No!" I screamed at him, trying to fight off my tears. Alex looked uncomfortable and started to get up to leave but I grabbed his hand. He looked down at me and I saw his eyes. All they showed was sympathy and pity, but I didn't care. I just didn't want to be left in a room alone with Lucas.

"Please." I begged Alex, not caring if Luke was in the room. He hesitated but nodded and sat back down on his chair.

"What the hell, Teagan?" I heard Lucas tell me. I huffed but looked away. "Teagan." Alex said, with the look that said, 'Don't be a child.' So I did the mature thing. I stuck my tongue out at him. But then he gave me the look again, so I just had to give in. I sighed and looked over at Lucas, who was totally red with anger. Oh, joy.

"What the hell did I do, Teagan!? For the love of God! Tell me freaking already!" Lucas roared at me, making me cringe. But he wasn't the only one angry. I was pissed off at him. So he's going to act innocent and keep up the charade? Fine.

"What did you do? What did you do!? Well first you lied to me! You tricked me then totally screwed with my feelings! That is what you did! Just go!" I screamed at him, letting my emotions slip out. I couldn't help it. I was going to break someday again, but not right now. I broke down once and that's not going to happen again. One day I'm here and I'm already breaking down. How screwed up is my life?

"What are you talking about?! And no I will not just leave! You are going to tell me what I did! Cause I don't remember anything!" He yelled back at me, irritated as well. I rolled my eyes but I wasn't going to give in.