Chapter 9

Chapter 39

Before Xie Lian could answer, Lang Qian Qiu who had heard the suggestion immediately shouted, "No!"

"Of course he would reject the idea." Qing Xuan said with a sigh, unsure of what to feel. She was, of course, feeling guilty for trying to use the crown prince's relationship with the ghost king to fulfill their mission. But, on the other hand, they had to succeed on this since it was personally given to them by the emperor. Plus, this strategy she suggested in the future was a sure way that all of them could return to heaven alive. Still, the guilt has been eating her... "I'm sorry for suggesting that method, your highness."

"It's fine." Xie Lian said with a smile. "I understand why you said it. Besides, it would be good to follow that plan so that no lives would be lost."

"You really are a god!" Qing Xuan said while looking at him with starry eyes.

"I know?" Xie Lian didn't understand what the other one meant. 

Shi Qing Xuan looked at him furiously, "Why not?"

Lang Qian Qiu returned in a serious tone, "Prince Xian Le, do you really know the Rain of Blood Reached the Flowers? I heard the conversation between the two of you before, it looks like you two are friends."

Xie Lian nodded.

"Friends, yeah right." Pei Ming scoffed while rolling his eyes. 

"They are." Wu Du said with an irritated look towards his noisy friend.

"Friends in love with each other, you mean." Pei Ming said. "One's obviously trying to court the other while the other is a dense man who doesn't know someone loves him unless they confess."

"Still friends, no matter how shady their feelings with each other are." Ling Wen finished their conversation. 

"Then of course this plan is totally inappropriate!" Lang Qian Qiu said.

"Even though the Demon King is not a saint at all, the fact that he is being soft and so kind to you must be because he sees you as a friend. If so, then one should not lie to a friend."

Hua Cheng's perception on Qian Qiu improved although only very slightly. After all, the young man was still not aware of the truth of his parents' death and was still blaming it on his guoshi. So when it is revealed, he was sure it would be shown soon, Hua Cheng was sure that he would hate Qian Qiu. That doesn't mean he can't appreciate the young man's personality, though.

Shi Qing Xuan after hearing what Lang Qian Qiu said could feel that the headache again attacked him, "Oh my God, Qian Qiu, you idiot!"

"What did my future self do wrong?" Qian Qiu asked with a wronged expression but no one was willing to tell him anything which made him frown.

But Xie Lian only laughed and nodded, "What the Venerable Tai Hua has said is true."

Lang Qian Qiu looked radiant at this, "You agree with me too, right?"

"Of course his highness does." Yushi Huang said with an indulging smile, remembering the first time she met the young prince who looked at her with so much determination it moved her heart. 

Shi Qing Xuan, "How is that true? We are three heavenly officials. If we report back about this case to the Big Deity empty-handed, people will say that our success rate is even lower than Ling Wen Palace, and all it will be very shameful. "

Qing Xuan avoided looking at Ling Wen who was surely looking at her with a heated gaze. It wasn't her fault her thoughts and words are being broadcasted to the whole room! It also wasn't her fault that the Ling Wen Palace had a bad reputation. So please, don't look at her like that! Boohoo, she just wants to go back home.